cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GI-XS98 Video Stuttering with Destiny 2 Forsaken

PhilG55vw
Level 9
I am seeing video stuttering and video locked in slow motion with the new Forsaken just released. I had no problem with my GL702 with Destiny, other than the computer got too hot. I seeing others have been having the same issue since 2017 do don't think it's tied to the Forsaken release. Its also not that the video is being overdriven, it happens with just a lone character walking across a field.

More of a heads up than anything. I was using FPS in ROG GameVisual within the ROG Gaming control and seeing lots of issues. Using "default" instead cut it way down but didn't eliminate it. Maybe driver issue, not sure at this point.
6 REPLIES 6

Darnassus
Status Under Review
It was released like.. 2 days ago. :f

It's most likely the game.

Darnassus wrote:
It was released like.. 2 days ago. :f

Forsaken yes, Destiny2 no. The problem has persisted, going by internet searches, for over a year. One would have hoped it would have been fixed by now.

PhilG55vw
Level 9
Update. This is a known and tracked issue with Bungie and covers the GTX-10xx video boards.

PhilG55vw wrote:
Update. This is a known and tracked issue with Bungie and covers the GTX-10xx video boards.

AFAIK, it's an issue with ALL nvidia cards when using windows 10 1709 / 1803 ed - the stuttering happens IN ANY GAME !
some stated that using a nvidia driver NOT NEWER then v378.92 solves the issue - some stated that only by reverting back to win 10 1607 ed solve the stuttering issue even when using the LATEST nvidia drivers.
Read more ( inc suggestions ) in the following NVIDIA official forums.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

PhilG55vw
Level 9
Another update after installing the newer driver posted on Asus support. Stuttering was improved some but not enough to matter. Have been putting up with it but decided to try lowering the sync from 144 to 72. That appears to have cured the problem, appears Destiny can't handle the G703's 144 sync rate for some reason.

PhilG55vw
Level 9
Thanks for the link, I'll give some of those suggestions a try. I did have a GL702 with a GTX-1080 running 1803 and had no problems with Destiny2. Would have been an older Nvidea driver but no idea what version.

I did try suggestions for Xbox settings, DVR, Storage Sense and Surround, setting them as needed. They made no difference. Once i set the Sync back to 72 from 144 there was no more stuttering.