ROG Member Array

GL502VS fps drops, not more overheat..Maybe battery?

Good morning. First of all excuse my low level of English.

My model is : GL502VS-FY043T (I7-6700HQ , GTX 1070, 8GB RAM, 525 SSD + 1TB HDD )

I just checked that my computer's battery is discharged even when connected, and that it has been an extended problem .
    I always use the laptop plugged in, so this would not be a big problem either, if it was not because I'm experiencing notorious drops of fps in intensive games, and it seems that the graphics does not deliver more than 60% of its power.
    I do not understand much about electric consumption, but if the battery that is provided is 180W and the graphics can consume about 150w + 40w of the processor,... how can supply power to the entire computer counting hard disks, ram, motherboard, etc.? I do not know if this happens to someone else or it may be due to another reason and I'm wrong, that's why I wanted to share it here.
    How can we fix it?
    Thanks a lot.

Offtopic: I am extremely disappointed with the model GL502VS, starting with the design (a screen covering the ventilation ducts, really?) Then the overheating (undervolt, bottom drill, re-paste, instability, loss of warranty, headache ) Now the battery ... What will be next? I understood that Asus was a prestigious brand, but with this laptop they have worn it..

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

180W PSU is not enough to supply CPU + GPU, i had 230W. The battery problem was ... well, the least problem.

Please check the following thread:OFFICIAL REPLY FOR GL502VS (6TH GEN. CPU) BATTERY DISCHARGING ISSUE

Quote Originally Posted by Niija View Post
    Good morning. First of all excuse my low level of English.

My model is : GL502VS-FY043T (I7-6700HQ , GTX 1070, 8GB RAM, 525 SSD + 1TB HDD )

I just checked that my computer's battery is discharged even when connected, and that it has been an extended problem .
    I always use the laptop plugged in, so this would not be a big problem either, if it was not because I'm experiencing notorious drops of fps in intensive games, and it seems that the graphics does not deliver more than 60% of its power.
    I do not understand much about electric consumption, but if the battery that is provided is 180W and the graphics can consume about 150w + 40w of the processor,... how can supply power to the entire computer counting hard disks, ram, motherboard, etc.? I do not know if this happens to someone else or it may be due to another reason and I'm wrong, that's why I wanted to share it here.
    How can we fix it?
    Thanks a lot.

Offtopic: I am extremely disappointed with the model GL502VS, starting with the design (a screen covering the ventilation ducts, really?) Then the overheating (undervolt, bottom drill, re-paste, instability, loss of warranty, headache ) Now the battery ... What will be next? I understood that Asus was a prestigious brand, but with this laptop they have worn it..
    Disappointed with GL502? Oh, really? Look at my thread: !!UNRESOLVED!! ASUS RMA Nightmare (Russian edition) v.2 They replacing my GL502VSK for more than 80 days!!!

Please check following, those are lawsuits against ASUS scam with GL502:
    https://www.truthinadvertising.org/a...02vsk-laptops/
    http://www.classactionsreporter.com/..._complaint.pdf
    Last edited by McCoy; 09-06-2018 at 11:57 AM.

ROG Member Array

Damn ... what an odyssey ...
    I'm not even in guarantee period ... so what the **** can I do.
    And that you have a 230w battery? Internal battery or an adapter, what model did you use? Then is no a viable way to did this crap laptop work as expected?
    Luck with the procedures

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Niija View Post
    Damn ... what an odyssey ...
    I'm not even in guarantee period ... so what the **** can I do.
    And that you have a 230w battery? Internal battery or an adapter, what model did you use? Then is no a viable way to did this crap laptop work as expected?
    Luck with the procedures
    PSU = Power Supply Unit, the battery itself can hardly handle power draw from CPU + GPU.

Well, if you ready to get your hands dirty:
    - remove heatsinks and polish heatsinks
    - replace thermal compound and thermal pads
    - order new back cover from AliExpress and drill

Everything above is described in details in this page: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ing-Throttling

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    PSU = Power Supply Unit, the battery itself can hardly handle power draw from CPU + GPU.

Well, if you ready to get your hands dirty:
    - remove heatsinks and polish heatsinks
    - replace thermal compound and thermal pads
    - order new back cover from AliExpress and drill

Everything above is described in details in this page: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ing-Throttling
    I already did all that, and just when I solve thermal issues undervolting, polish and drilling the bottom case waiting to make the machine work right, I find the battery issues I dont know if i can take other model psu or what.. and if these can solve my fps drops.
    Thanks, and luck. I check your post daily, and, again, sorry my bad english