cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20aj GPU not being read?

butcherofblav1
Level 7
So basically a while back my computer (Asus rog G20 aj) got shut off improperly and wouldn't load up and went straight to BIOS. I took it to a shop and they found out the harddrive was shot and replaced it with a new one and it came on fine. The problem I'm having is that whenever I connect my hdmi to the GPU port in the back it will not show up on my monitor only through the hdmi port from the motherboard. I've tried a gpu that for sure works and its still not working. I've tried everything I can find on the internet. I've tried a different monitor that for sure works. I've tried multiple hdmi's as well and theyve all been acting kinda finicky and i have to mess around with it to get it to appear on the screen even through the working hdmi port. Also one of the HDMI cords was new so I know its not that. Could my motherboard be ****ed up? Could it be my pci port? I don't know a ton about computers so I'm genuinely confused at this point.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Which discrete video card did your G20AJ come with and did it come with 1 AC adapter or 2 AC adapters?

If your unit came with 2 Adapters, your discrete video card may not be working if one of the AC adapters isn't working, so suggest checking this too.

Sometimes the adapter cable can become disconnected somehow, so try re-plugging the connections and double-checking the outlet as well just to be sure.

Refer to the post below if interested.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101567-Help-Guys-G20-switching-gpu-back-to-Nvidia-but-miss...