cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus z170 pro gaming not booting after bios update

Spuddywuddy
Level 7
Tried installing latest bios, the one that fixes meltdown and/or spectre. Bios updated to 100% but doesn't boot up anymore. Black screen.

LIghts come on, cpu fan turns on, i hear the hdd turn on, but monitor doesn't turn on.

Tried resetting by removing battery, no luck. Tried shorting jumper for 20 seconds, no luck. Tried different monitor, no luck. Also tried connecting the monitor to the onboard dvi instead of the graphics card, still nothing.
2 REPLIES 2

belchja
Level 7
Spuddywuddy wrote:
Tried installing latest bios, the one that fixes meltdown and/or spectre. Bios updated to 100% but doesn't boot up anymore. Black screen.

LIghts come on, cpu fan turns on, i hear the hdd turn on, but monitor doesn't turn on.

Tried resetting by removing battery, no luck. Tried shorting jumper for 20 seconds, no luck. Tried different monitor, no luck. Also tried connecting the monitor to the onboard dvi instead of the graphics card, still nothing.

I'm in the same boat.
If I remove the RAM, I get the no RAM beep from the speaker, so something's going on.

Just realized the warranty is 3 years so I'm contacting Asus for a fix.

16 days in with no resolution.

The SN on the board apparently doesn't exist in their database and is really confusing to their product support people.