cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I install the correct G752vs bios and why is my laptop keyboard not working

GodSpotifex
Level 7
So hello everyone!

Yesterday I installed the Bios 304 on my Asus G752vs (i7 7700HQ) and idk if its the right one. I also registered my product on the asus website and when I clicked there on drivers it went to the normal ASUS G752vs drivers with skylake processors and the Bios there was 310. So I searched for the i7 7700HQ Version drivers and came to Bios 304 but there they say its for the Asus G752VSK so I am pretty confused. I only did all of this just because of my Laptop keyboard the keyboard isnt working anymore in Windows but in Bios its working and some buttons are also like macro and the rog button and all the lights are working too. I installed before the asus keyboard adjustment tool but when I opened it the program says "Your Computer Does Not Support This App" I am actually really confused now I need help for the Bios and Keyboard.

Full Laptop Specs: Asus ASUS (G752VS(KBL)-BA336T)

-i7 7700HQ 3,8 GHZ
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked with the ROG Program
-16GB RAM in Dual Channel
-1TB HDD and 256GB SSD

any help would be greatly appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8

jdfrench3
Level 12
You have a ROG G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) and BIOS 304 is correct.

Can you get into your Device Manager? Are there any problems listed there? Is one of them the keyboard?

PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key) is supported by a Windows driver. Delete this device in Device Manager and let Windows reinstall the driver.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

yes I did reinstall all of them still not working and it can not be a Hardware Problem because the lights and some buttons still work I also can use the fn button with all the F1-F12 to change lights or make sounds louder and so on. But I actually read a post where they said that the 310 has fixed keyboard issue and on the previous bios update (306) that before 310 there stands in the description that the 306 Bios update fixes the keyboard issue. Also I dont understand why Asus is giving me then all the wrong drivers for my product even though I registered it on the website.

GodSpotifex wrote:
yes I did reinstall all of them still not working and it can not be a Hardware Problem because the lights and some buttons still work I also can use the fn button with all the F1-F12 to change lights or make sounds louder and so on. But I actually read a post where they said that the 310 has fixed keyboard issue and on the previous bios update (306) that before 310 there stands in the description that the 306 Bios update fixes the keyboard issue. Also, I don't understand why Asus is giving me If then all the wrong drivers for my product even though I registered it on the website.

If the web page for your particular notebook by serial number and it says 304 is latest, you should take that to heart. Most functions of the keyboard and in the ATK package of drivers. I am surprised that the 310 BIOS even would run on your notebook.

You stated that keyboard problems were apparent that being the reason for updating the BIOS, and you remain with keyboard problems with updated BIOS. So I see 2 things either hardware or Virus, with Virus being the prime candidate since you say the keyboard works perfectly in preboot windows condition?

I would use the win flash with no date to flash your bios back to 304 if that is successful and you have the latest ATK package installed and the Problems persist.
I would then first back up your eSupport folder somewhere away from your computer. remove any other drives than the one you're going to clean install took. Then use diskpart to "Clean All" on your SSD
Download the latest version of Windows 10 using MCT and then Clean install. Be sure to have all the drivers ready in from your eSupport folder and install them. Windows update will install there native drivers for your hardware which will cause several issues that will be resolved by installing the correct drivers from Asus.
Once your notebook settles in if you are still having the keyboard issues then most likely a hardware issue. and you'll have to RMA to sort it out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

No, I dont have the 310 on my Laptop right now but Asus on the page where my Laptop is registered it says that the normal g752vs drivers are for my Laptop. So if I click on drivers on my products the website takes me to the driver list for the G752VS with the 310 Bios. I just think windows reinstall would solve all problems but I dont have time to reinstall right now.

GodSpotifex wrote:
No, I don't have the 310 on my Laptop right now but Asus on the page where my Laptop is registered it says that the normal g752vs drivers are for my Laptop. So if I click on drivers on my products the website takes me to the driver list for the G752VS with the 310 Bios. I just think windows reinstall would solve all problems but I dont have time to reinstall right now.

Well, then you do need to take the time to start making images of your OS Drive/SSD complete images and partition images. then if you have an issue you only have to roll back to a time before the issue occurs. Usually takes about 15 minutes and your back working again.
Macrium Reflect Free works very well form many users on this forum and Windows 10 forum This link is to a very easy to follow tutorial on how to use MR
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Yeah the problem came also after I installed UnityHacks for CS:GO after a reboot the Keyboard didnt work anymore.

GodSpotifex wrote:
Yeah the problem came also after I installed UnityHacks for CS:GO after a reboot the Keyboard didn't work anymore.

Yep fooling around with software link that can be hazardous You really need to make an image before trying unstable software these notebooks are very sensitive and easily broken bad drivers.
Yep if you can't get it back it looks like a clean install, be sure to use MR and make imaged as you go along makes is really easy to recover from screw ups or just bad luck
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Reinstall Chipset. Not ATK. ;x