Failed to convert hostname

stefan063
Level 8
I am constantly getting "Failed to convert host name" error...75643
6 REPLIES 6

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did your play around with port forwarding?

Do you know which client is causing this? Different OS?
Would be good if we know what systems are on the network and which settings are triggering this message.
Suggest to configure port forwarding at the client and disable UPnP.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Did your play around with port forwarding?

Do you know which client is causing this? Different OS?
Would be good if we know what systems are on the network and which settings are triggering this message.
Suggest to configure port forwarding at the client and disable UPnP.

I know which client is using this. It is Dahua DVR.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The likely cause may be the DVR's UPnP compatibility or invalid IP format. Did you change those configs previously? (It's important to write down the default just in case).

If you can find the manual, try porting the virtual-server settings, port-trigger settings, and port-forwarding setting to the router under the WAN section. And disable UPnP in the DVR.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The likely cause may be the DVR's UPnP compatibility or invalid IP format. Did you change those configs previously? (It's important to write down the default just in case).

If you can find the manual, try porting the virtual-server settings, port-trigger settings, and port-forwarding setting to the router under the WAN section. And disable UPnP in the DVR.

I have tried already all of that. But that is happening when I connect DVR through switch and directly to GT. Don't know other options!

stefan063 wrote:
I have tried already all of that. But that is happening when I connect DVR through switch and directly to GT. Don't know other options!

Same issue even without using a switch in between the router and the DVR?
Avoid connecting switches to the gaming ports (1 & 2) and link aggregation ports (5 & 6).

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Same issue even without using a switch in between the router and the DVR?
Avoid connecting switches to the gaming ports (1 & 2) and link aggregation ports (5 & 6).

Yes,same issue when connected directly. DVR I tried to put to LAN 4. I have Laptop on LAN 1 and PS4 Pro on LAN 2. LAN 3 is switch and LAN 4 is/was DVR. Switch is LINKSYS SE4008.