I7-4930K
Seasonic Titanium 850W
16gb G.skill 2133 mhz Dual Channel Memory
Asus ROG Poseidon 1080ti
x62 Kraken AIO
Samsung Evo 840
Asus ROG PG348Q
Nvidia 399.07 Drivers

The problem I am facing currently is that when G-Sync is turned on be it in only Fullscreen or Fullscreen and Windowed, my Monitor loses its signal randomly, sometimes when I'm just browsing on Firefox sometimes when watching YouTube on Firefox and sometimes while I'm playing games like League of Legends or Destiny 2, the point is as long G-Sync is turned on it happens and at random intervals.

When G-Sync is off, I experience constant tearing at constant intervals, a distorted line moving from top to bottom. The is this has been happening for quite a while but I haven't been able to pin-point the issue until recently (which is G-Sync). My issue is that I spent top dollars on my monitor and GPU to enjoy a better experience, hence being unable to ultilise G-Sync to reduce the tearing problem is kind of bugging me.

I have tried a secondary GPU, a different PSU, reinstalling Nvidia Drivers with DDU multiple times, several versions of Nvidia Drivers such as 388.31, 388.43, 398.36, and 399.07. The issue persisted. I'm wondering if anyone else is facing this problem or is it a problem hardware related that I am facing?
5 REPLIES 5

stewart_1
Level 8
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tried switching the DisplayPort cable? Some are more reliable and stable than others.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
As above, might be a faulty DP cable.

You can try the following, too

1) Disable G-Sync in Window Mode

2) Make sure the desktop refresh rate matches that of the game.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Calyverse
Level 7
Thanks for the replies, I have tried a few displayport cables all with the same issues, the moment G-Sync is enabled it eventually leads to a no Display Signal issue that can only be solve with a hard reset. I can still hear videos playing even after the Display loses it Signal.

Calyverse wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I have tried a few displayport cables all with the same issues, the moment G-Sync is enabled it eventually leads to a no Display Signal issue that can only be solve with a hard reset. I can still hear videos playing even after the Display loses it Signal.

And you've made sure the in-game refresh rate matches that of the desktop? The reason I mentioned this is because, depending on the panel and firmware, occasionally the monitor will lose sync when switching between applications when G-Sync is enabled if the refresh rate differs between the two.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

piratino
Level 9
Hello, even if thread is old, I have the exact same problem. Have you fixed it? I am facing it now, since a few days from its purchase...

I have found some benefits is removing the DP cable from direct contact next to power cables, as switching my desk light I was facing the off/on effect on the monitor.