cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Xonar D2X - not compatible with X370/B350/X470 series MBs

samdark
Level 7
Same as https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036071, Asus Xonar DX2 is giving random resets with X370/B350/X470: Ryzen CPU cache-related crash.

Took me half a year to find out. I've debugged crash dumps, learned about how Ryzen works internally (roughly), RMA-ed it, changed all the software I use to ones that sync with Internet continuously. Then pulled out Xonar and crashes stopped. Wasn't sure and waited with selling it till confirmation about STXII surfaced. Selling it now replacing with SMSL M6. A bit sad since Xonar sound is very good.
2 REPLIES 2

carvedinside
Level 7
What motherboard do you have? The incompatibility issues might be specific to some motherboards, as not all of those who have a Ryzen system and a Asus Xonar card experience problems (#1, #2, #3).

Ronin2k
Level 7
Asus Xonar D2X with Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Bios 1.30, Windows 10 1809 ,64bit latest Updates , last Asus Driver for the D2X, Reboot at Driver install or Reboots at Videoplay or Sound playing….Asus should update those old drivers…beta status since 3 years. good my Asus Xonar DX works Flawless…. any progress or is it hopeless for a solution? ps. and i need dolby digital live. 🙂