cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F - random freeze under Windows 10 64b

christophepicha
Level 7
Hello,

I have experienced a fuzzy stuff. My motherboard was freezing sometimes after a sleeping wake up... I was on Outlook checking email, I wa sin WIndows Explorer working with files, on Chrome surfing web: random, it freezed.

I have downloaded eazy driver to update all my drivers, it happened again : freezes !

I finally go to asus.com on support and drivers and updated the latest chipset. It seems I have no more freeze...

Future will tell.

DO you think I need to update the BIOS. I am still with a 11/01/2017 BIOS....

Christophe
3 REPLIES 3

OMGitsPZ
Level 7
I'm having the same exact issue. It started recently (like 2-3weeks ago).
I tough it was a GPU issue since i've tried 938983 differents nvidia drivers, did a clean win10 install, tried different dvi/displayport cable.. always get the random freeze while browsing the internet. Tried with Chrome, Opera and Firefox, they all did the same.
Edge and Brave browser so far doesn't seems to be affected.. but its so random that I can't tell for sure. Some times I get it 2-3times in less than a hour, some times its once 1 per day.

I even changed to a new GPU (GTX1080Ti) did a clean DDU uninstall driver + installation of the new one (411.xx) same problem.
I updated to the latest BIOS for ASUS ROG Strix X370-F... same problem.

I haven't tried the chipset on asus.com website, should I try it ?
I was told to update the chipset directly from AMD.com

Let me know if it's working out for you with the chipset driver from asus.com website.

Thanks.

PS: Specs are r7 1700x / 16gb 3000mhz / EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC BE

Hello, I have found this is because the WIndows 10 was made on Sleep.
If you don't put your system in Sleep mode : no more freeze.
I have ran my pc during the week-end without making SLEEP and it goes good.

try.

OMGitsPZ
Level 7
I have never set my computer to sleep mode.. so that is not what is causing my problem 😕