New ROGer Array

VGA Detection on ASUS X370 Boards

I had a x370 Strix with a 1700x and 16GB of TridentZ RGB, Sapphire RX 580+ Nitro, latest BIOS, XG2402 Monitor via DisplayPort and a EVGA G3 650 PSU.

During cold starts no issues.

During restarts I get the VGA detection failure (white LED 1 long 3 short beeps), I swapped graphics cards to a GTX 760 same issue. Swapped to the lower PCIE slot, same issue.

Eventually it does boot itself and once inside Windows there are no issues, I can game for 10 hours straight.

Today I went out and picked up a x370 Crosshair VI Hero, swapped everything over SAME EXACT PROBLEM with latest BIOS.

I ordered a new certified displayport cable (I'm using the monitor supplied), and I'm hoping it solves the issue.

Does ANYONE else have this issue with the ASUS X370 boards?

ROG Enthusiast Array Lightbringer PC Specs
    Lightbringer PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Prime X370-PRO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700x
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z RBG F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080TI-O11G
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster Z
    MonitorAsus ROG PG279Q 68,6 cm
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E500BW Internal Solid State Drive (500GB)
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 2TB SATA 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive - CT2050MX300SSD1
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM
    CaseFractal Design Define r5
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-650KM3 X650 80 Plus Gold
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius 2
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro / ModMic
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Gaming Mouse Mat- Small (Speed Edition)
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home Edition
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U AC1900 Black Diamond Dual-Band WLAN Router
    Accessory #1 Asus PCE-AC68 PCIe WLAN Card

Well not exactly the same, but ever since i upgraded the BIOS to the 3xxx or 4xxx generation, i'm experiencing crashes in windows after cold booting.
    see my full specs in the list under my nickname.
    After every cold boot, windows or games will crash within a few minutes when the system comes under load. (prime95, gaming)
    After the crash and reboot (warm), the system will start, but MSI Afterburner won't start in Windows and my PCIe WLAN card will not work. So i reboot again and after this second reboot, the system will be rocksolid for hours and hours of gaming/stresstesting.

I didn't have this issue on the old 09xx Bios and i just can't figure out what is going on.
    Board = Prime X370 pro.

Quote Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
    I had a x370 Strix with a 1700x and 16GB of TridentZ RGB, Sapphire RX 580+ Nitro, latest BIOS, XG2402 Monitor via DisplayPort and a EVGA G3 650 PSU.

During cold starts no issues.

During restarts I get the VGA detection failure (white LED 1 long 3 short beeps), I swapped graphics cards to a GTX 760 same issue. Swapped to the lower PCIE slot, same issue.

Eventually it does boot itself and once inside Windows there are no issues, I can game for 10 hours straight.

Today I went out and picked up a x370 Crosshair VI Hero, swapped everything over SAME EXACT PROBLEM with latest BIOS.

I ordered a new certified displayport cable (I'm using the monitor supplied), and I'm hoping it solves the issue.

Does ANYONE else have this issue with the ASUS X370 boards?
    Last edited by Lightbringer; 09-10-2018 at 10:54 AM.

ROG Member Array

Same thing happened to me I wonder if its ram related. A new cpu and board didnt fix the problem.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by oxidation868 View Post
    Same thing happened to me I wonder if its ram related. A new cpu and board didnt fix the problem.
    My issue or his? Definitely seems like a BIOS issue, it was reduced in frequency after I got my Club3D certified displayport cable, use to happen every restart, now it happens only once in while.