cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGA Detection on ASUS X370 Boards

index1489
Level 7
I had a x370 Strix with a 1700x and 16GB of TridentZ RGB, Sapphire RX 580+ Nitro, latest BIOS, XG2402 Monitor via DisplayPort and a EVGA G3 650 PSU.

During cold starts no issues.

During restarts I get the VGA detection failure (white LED 1 long 3 short beeps), I swapped graphics cards to a GTX 760 same issue. Swapped to the lower PCIE slot, same issue.

Eventually it does boot itself and once inside Windows there are no issues, I can game for 10 hours straight.

Today I went out and picked up a x370 Crosshair VI Hero, swapped everything over SAME EXACT PROBLEM with latest BIOS.

I ordered a new certified displayport cable (I'm using the monitor supplied), and I'm hoping it solves the issue.

Does ANYONE else have this issue with the ASUS X370 boards?
3 REPLIES 3

Lightbringer
Level 7
Well not exactly the same, but ever since i upgraded the BIOS to the 3xxx or 4xxx generation, i'm experiencing crashes in windows after cold booting.
see my full specs in the list under my nickname.
After every cold boot, windows or games will crash within a few minutes when the system comes under load. (prime95, gaming)
After the crash and reboot (warm), the system will start, but MSI Afterburner won't start in Windows and my PCIe WLAN card will not work. So i reboot again and after this second reboot, the system will be rocksolid for hours and hours of gaming/stresstesting.

I didn't have this issue on the old 09xx Bios and i just can't figure out what is going on.
Board = Prime X370 pro.

index1489 wrote:
I had a x370 Strix with a 1700x and 16GB of TridentZ RGB, Sapphire RX 580+ Nitro, latest BIOS, XG2402 Monitor via DisplayPort and a EVGA G3 650 PSU.

During cold starts no issues.

During restarts I get the VGA detection failure (white LED 1 long 3 short beeps), I swapped graphics cards to a GTX 760 same issue. Swapped to the lower PCIE slot, same issue.

Eventually it does boot itself and once inside Windows there are no issues, I can game for 10 hours straight.

Today I went out and picked up a x370 Crosshair VI Hero, swapped everything over SAME EXACT PROBLEM with latest BIOS.

I ordered a new certified displayport cable (I'm using the monitor supplied), and I'm hoping it solves the issue.

Does ANYONE else have this issue with the ASUS X370 boards?

oxidation868
Level 7
Same thing happened to me I wonder if its ram related. A new cpu and board didnt fix the problem.

oxidation868 wrote:
Same thing happened to me I wonder if its ram related. A new cpu and board didnt fix the problem.

My issue or his? Definitely seems like a BIOS issue, it was reduced in frequency after I got my Club3D certified displayport cable, use to happen every restart, now it happens only once in while.