cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken RAID0 after clear CMOS button

Rods001
Level 7
Hi,

Guys, I was modifing overclock options and unfortunately I did something wrong and my computer stoped to boot and access BIOS, so I have to reset/clean CMOS and after do it I lose my RAID0 that was working like a charm.

I went to the BIOS and change the SATA Mode from AHCI to RAID, but when the computer restart the second disc from RAID0 is not as MEMBER Disk its as a Non-RAID Disk....

Why did it happen? I just clear the CMOS and come back the option to the RAID and now my RAID is broken and I can't rebuild or make it works without lose EVERYTHING ?

I took some pictures, please if anyone know how to FIX it help me please 😕

Config Now

Before Reset CMOS

After Reset CMOS

MB = Maximus VII Formula
2 REPLIES 2

Rods001
Level 7
i fixed it

"Thank to all"

If anyone who google it and it's finding for the solution

ASUS answered my Ticket by:
After a clean CMOS do not let Windows Boot (I did it anyway the raid breaks)
Because after your reset CMOS It's mandatory to access the BIOS by (F1) and look at settings. Who have RAID ofc will change the SATA Mode from AHCI to RAID.

You need to destroy your RAID after reset (CTRL+I) and remount with the same order of the disks.

Maybe after it you will have to fix your windows boot to load again.

Download the TestDisk from CGSecurity and start it as admin, select Analyze and after it select your RAID, and the kind of partition (EFI, Intel etc..)
Let it analyzing after all you'll get the MS Data, you can check the files and much more...

You can select what partition you wanna recovery using the (->) right arrow from keyboard.

Rebuild BS

Restart your machine and everything will be there.

xeromist
Thank you for coming back and explaining the fix for others. Glad to see you didn't have to start over.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…