Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Unofrtunately ASUS ignores such reports and even replacing panel won't fix it.
    All users playing games can notice this, but you must pay attention and, yes, be sensitive looking at distant objects borders during mouselook in 3D games. You'll notice what is technically known as (black/white) "corona" around objects when shifting on the screen. Mine is not a faulty panel and all users have this defect on GL703GS + AUO B173HAN03.2, as it has been reported in many different gamers forums. Good for you if you didn't notice because you make a different use of your laptop most of the time.

Don't know your tech level knowledge about LCD panels, but here is a link explaining issues like these https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-...ive-artifacts/

One important thing: did you clean install Windows 10 or started keeping ASUS image?
    W10 Pro 1809 Asus upgraded image. Looks like you have a ton if issues with yours, between the ghosting, stability & disconnects, I'd not be happy about it either.

Q-6

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Sending it again for the 2nd RMA...

Sad to hear that.
    I have an Asus gl702vmk STRIX (1week) for now i experienced thermal throttle while using turbo boost on CPU (i hit 91c) , but i ll fix it with repaste cpu and gpu die.So now i am forced to play on stock clock 2.80ghz (7700hq)so it wont overheat above 80C.GPU (1060) sometimes makes Power limit throttle and decreasing clock from 18xx to 15xx,16xx it is not that bad ill try to do my best to fix that with undervolting in MSI afterburner...i have an B173HAN01.1 panel i have not seen any ghosting.I buyed this notebook private for 850euro new (unpacked).I heard some people had not enough tight screwed the screws on heatsink for cpu and gpu so ill recommend taking all off and see if all cables fit where they belong , screw all tight and factory paste is crap so consider replacing it.I would not recommend this laptop or any other gaming laptop to casual user who is not ready to take some time (money) and fix some factory issues that Asus could ,should fix.
    edit:But i see sometimes , some stupid brightness flickering while scrorolling pages, or in loading screen in R6siege before entering game.120hz i am not sure is that normal.
    Last edited by Beamazing; 01-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

At 2nd RMA they changed my PC mobo and fixed ALL issues (USB disconnecting and bringing down all other USB devices including mouse/keyboard; random total freezes with C: spiked at 100% activity without reason and consequent disconnected drives; speakers crackles and poppings). It was probably a voltage problem on the mobo IMHO.
    Unfortunately on this new mobo temps are 98-97°C for the CPU after 2 min in games (!!) in fans Balanced mode, before it reached max 85-89°C.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    At 2nd RMA they changed my PC mobo and fixed ALL issues (USB disconnecting and bringing down all other USB devices including mouse/keyboard; random total freezes with C: spiked at 100% activity without reason and consequent disconnected drives; speakers crackles and poppings). It was probably a voltage problem on the mobo IMHO.
    Unfortunately on this new mobo temps are 98-97°C for the CPU after 2 min in games (!!) in fans Balanced mode, before it reached max 85-89°C.
    I have the same problems! What did you write in the cover letter? RMA replaced my motherboard twice, and i still have this freezes and crackling and popping speakers!
    Last edited by merin18437; 12-29-2019 at 06:44 AM.

New ROGer Array

I just wanted to update this.

I've been using Throttlestop 8.7.0 to underclocking the voltage by -119 to -121mV. It seemed to improve greatly but would still have random lockups.

I also started using the free version of PC Reviver to update drivers. I'd recommend doing a system image first since these are not ASUS drivers.

But with a combination of those two things I can usually go a week or maybe two without a crash. Not under regular use, but still a vast improvement.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

Quote Originally Posted by merin18437 View Post
    I have the same problems! What did you write in the cover letter? RMA replaced my motherboard twice, and i still have this freezes and crackling and popping speakers!
    At 3rd RMA you can ask for complete refund. You have to claim for a working mobo! I wrote nothing special but I also added a link to a private link with a video reproducing the freeze issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3