cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patriot RAM issues

Scythifuge
Level 7
Greetings,

I have a 16gb Patriot RGB, DDR4-3600 kit (PVR416G360C6K.)

I am running a Ryzen 2700x on a Crosshair VII motherboard, with the latest BIOS. The system was somewhat stable at 3200mhz, though it would randomly cause Windows 10 to take forever to load, along with a random lockup/ctd.

I decided to play around with settings after installing the latest BIOS. I am seeking advice on what my settings should be to get 3600mhz, or as close to that as possible. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

syldon
Level 9
Scythifuge wrote:
Greetings,

I am running a Ryzen 2700x on a Crosshair VII motherboard, with the latest BIOS. The system was somewhat stable at 3200mhz, though it would randomly cause Windows 10 to take forever to load, along with a random lockup/ctd.

I decided to play around with settings after installing the latest BIOS. I am seeking advice on what my settings should be to get 3600mhz, or as close to that as possible. Thanks!

Most who have Sammy B die, which is the most compatible with Zen, are restricted to 3466mhz. There are some with posts stating 3533. Some have said that they can run 3600, but it is far from stable.

You could start by checking out !smus's dram calculator.

**edit** deleted the comment about Hynix memory. Sorry .

gupsterg
Level 13
Scythifuge wrote:
Greetings,

Gaining 3600MHz you have very low chance IMO.

a) You'd need damn good IMC on CPU.
b) Be experienced in tinkering with settings.

I would tackle getting 3200MHz sound first. Doing this will build your experience with the HW. Next I'd target 3333MHz, then 3400MHz, 3466MHz, etc.

I believe that RAM kit is using Samsung B die IC, use Thaiphoon Burner (link), video on using TB (link). If you see the RAM IC reported as "K4A8G085W?-BCPB" contact Vitaliy on support@softnology.biz, so he can update the SW 🙂 .

Also grab Ryzen Timings Checker (link), you will be able to see what some of the [Auto] settings for DRAM timings, etc are defaulting to.

SOC voltage I would set manually, these boards tend to increase that more than you may require for targetted RAM MHz.

Tinker with ProcODT and CAD Bus settings, be systematic, keep notes and you should be able to see how the HW is responding to these changes and what maybe better settings for your targetted setup.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Thank you for your replies. They are Samsung b-die. I do have the question mark when I use Thaiphoon.

I tried setting d.o.c.p., and then I bumped the dram and dram boot voltages to 1.4v. I loaded up Elex and played for a little bit. The game crashed, but that could be from anything.

I left the computer on, and it has been on for almost 24 hours without crashing. I am going to double check and write down my settings and try the recommendations for stability.

I am using the tools, and went with the recommended timings for 3466Mhz. The system booted without issue amd in a timely fashion, so I will play some games and see what happens.