cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long boot time Z370-F GAMING to Windows

kitonium
Level 7
Hi all,

I just made a rig with the Z370-F GAMING mobo with Core i5 8600 processor. The current cold boot to reach the Windows login screen is about 20 s (Task manager last BIOS time about 15s).

It takes about a good 12s or so for the first ROG splash screen (press DEL to enter BIOS) to appear. After which the handover to Windows is quite fast. Is there anything I could do to shorten the initiation time?

I did the following in an attempt to shorten the boot up time:

1) OS loaded on Samsung 970 PRO M.2 NVME, inserted to the PCI Gen 3 x4 slot of the mobo.
2) Samsung 970 on GPT partition, boot priority set to Samsung 970
3) CSM settings disabled.
4) POST delay: 0s
5) SMART test: disabled
6) Fast boot: enabled

But the boot up time doesn't change much. I was wondering if any members here are able to share their UEFI settings for a boot that is less than 10 s?
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Assuming memory stability is ok, you can enable MRC Fastboot from within the Ai Tweaker menu to disable memory training.

Do note that with NVME drives, boot times are generally slower.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Assuming memory stability is ok, you can enable MRC Fastboot from within the Ai Tweaker menu to disable memory training.

Do note that with NVME drives, boot times are generally slower.

Hi there, oh ya, I just enabled the MRC Fastboot within the Ai Tweaker. The boot time doesn't seem to improve much... Thanks for your input.

Does it mean that the previous SATA-SSD can boot faster than NVME-SSD?