cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Heo (WiFi) On-Board Sound Amp

ROGFanatic
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I have a Hero (WiFi) and can't really find any information on the on-board sound other than whats advertised on the site.

My soundblaster z finally took a dive on me, so I'm for the first time attempting to try it out.

I have beyerdynamics 990DT's 250oHm.

The website states that there are headphone amplifiers, so my question is how many ohm's does it support?

I see the settings in the software that you can change from Performance, Powerful, and Extreme, but I'm not sure which one is good for my headphones if at all.

Also, should I plug the headphones into the back of the mother board or use the front audio HD connectors?

Any other settings or suggestions for the rest of the software suite? Do you guys use preset sound levels or customize the equalizer?

Thanks for everyone's time in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi ROGFanatic

Welcome to the ROG forum.

You'll want to install the Realtek audio driver from the ASUS Support Center, Sonic Studio 3 and Sonic Radar 3 should install with it, I personally uninstall Sonic Radar 3.

I use the rear motherboard jacks.

Seeing your headphones are 250 ohms, it should automatically set the amplify level to Extreme which to me has the best sound.

There are presets, effects and an EQ to play with, the two end sliders in the EQ do not work so I just pull them all the way down.

You can get very good sound playing with the effects and EQ.

Raja
Level 13
ROGFanatic wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a Hero (WiFi) and can't really find any information on the on-board sound other than whats advertised on the site.

My soundblaster z finally took a dive on me, so I'm for the first time attempting to try it out.

I have beyerdynamics 990DT's 250oHm.

The website states that there are headphone amplifiers, so my question is how many ohm's does it support?

I see the settings in the software that you can change from Performance, Powerful, and Extreme, but I'm not sure which one is good for my headphones if at all.

Also, should I plug the headphones into the back of the mother board or use the front audio HD connectors?

Any other settings or suggestions for the rest of the software suite? Do you guys use preset sound levels or customize the equalizer?

Thanks for everyone's time in advance.

Hi,

The Sabre 9023P DAC outputs are for the front panel only. The rear outputs use the codec's internal amp. The front output is capable of swinging enough voltage to drive into 600 Ohm loads, so you may want to try that first.

-Raja

ROGFanatic
Level 7
Thank you very much for the reply guys, that's exactly what I was looking for.
Appreciate it! ❤️