cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird A/C Light and Battery-compartment Problem

Lee_Maryland
Level 7
A/C indicator light on front of my GL551JW-74 laptop stays steady for a while, and the battery charges. Then, at random, the light will start blinking and the battery does not charge. If I open the battery and snap it back in, the light goes back to steady.

This happens at random, even if I am not touching the computer, and it hasn't physically moved. It does not matter what is on the screen -- no matter what programs are up, or even if I am at my default log-in screen.

So, to be clear, the A/C light starts blinking at random times, I click open the battery compartment, snap it back in, and the light goes steady. I don't even have to lift the battery out, just push the slide-open button, then snap the compartment back down.

The only thing I can think of is that the laptop is 3 years old, has traveled with me daily, and maybe internal components have loosened a bit. Is it time to open the case and snug down all screws?

Battery seems to be holding a charge fairly well, so it doesn't seem to be the battery.
0 REPLIES 0