cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Build Advice

Legendfather
Level 7
Hello all,

I am getting started on my first build and just wanted to run it by you guys to make sure I'm not massively bottlenecking myself or anything.

CPU: Core i7-8700K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
MOBO: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
GFX: MSI Gaming X 1080 TI (Might change this to a 2080 when more benchmarks start coming out)
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Storage: Samsung 970 EVo NVMe M.2 1TB + 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB in RAID 1
PSU: Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt
Monitor: Acer XB271hu bmiprz (1440p 144Hz)
Case: Corsair 780t (Full Tower)

Just wanting to make sure there are no compatibility issues and I'm not screwing myself over with parts way more high-quality than it will be able to handle.
1 REPLY 1

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Might want to hold off a little longer
8700 needs to be delidded to get anywhere with it that means waving bye-bye to intel warranty

Good gaming cpu but there is also possibly a 9700k with a few more cores about to be released
I'd at least wait till the holidays and you might get better deals appearing online or even locally.
Heck you've waited this long what's 2-3 more months 😄

The memory you posted has no frequency posted I wouldn't get anything less than 3200C14 for it.

The psu is way more than you need 1000w and AX or HX series would still be too much but cost a little less.
2080 would be a good choice by the holidays benchmarks will be around to see what it's really like might be on par with evga 1080ti ftw3's scores.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]