cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadwell E users watch out for Windows 10 KB4100347 update

Hivemind
Level 8
hey,

I wanted to warn you guys for Windows 10 update KB4100347 ( Intel CPU Microcode update) this one Kills UEFI Bios overclock.
Before the update my system was running 4.2Ghz on all cores but after this update the Cpu runs Default 3.7 all cores with 1*Core @ 4Ghz, so yes Default spec..

I'm running a Rampage V Edition 10 with Bios 1801 (latest none beta).. i don't know how the systems reacts for the peeps that got the Beta 1902 installed ?
but i will wait until it is official non beta before i flash it.

For now i uninstalled KB4100347 and used the Microsoft Windows update Hide tool to keep it from updating.
44 REPLIES 44

Hivemind
Level 8
Hivemind wrote:
hey,

I wanted to warn you guys for Windows 10 update KB4100347 ( Intel CPU Microcode update) this one Kills UEFI Bios overclock.
Before the update my system was running 4.2Ghz on all cores but after this update the Cpu runs Default 3.7 all cores with 1*Core @ 4Ghz, so yes Default spec..

I'm running a Rampage V Edition 10 with Bios 1801 (latest none beta).. i don't know how the systems reacts for the peeps that got the Beta 1902 installed ?
but i will wait until it is official non beta before i flash it.

For now i uninstalled KB4100347 and used the Microsoft Windows update Hide tool to keep it from updating.

Is there anyone here who has Bios 1902 installed with the KB4100347 update ?? and does the overclock still work with this combination ?

Hivemind wrote:
Is there anyone here who has Bios 1902 installed with the KB4100347 update ?? and does the overclock still work with this combination ?

I have 1902 on one chip and 1801 on the other and nether one of them are doing my OC I have a 6850k that had an OC of 4.4 now I'm being clocked down to 3.8 it is really pissing me off, at least now I know it's not just me though. I was really racking my brain with it. I just got done doing a Windows restore whipping my whole drive and still didn't work since windows had updated :mad: Windows always has to brake something

SSJ3Weasel wrote:
I have 1902 on one chip and 1801 on the other and nether one of them are doing my OC I have a 6850k that had an OC of 4.4 now I'm being clocked down to 3.8 it is really pissing me off, at least now I know it's not just me though. I was really racking my brain with it. I just got done doing a Windows restore whipping my whole drive and still didn't work since windows had updated :mad: Windows always has to brake something

Thanks for the information, now i know that updating to 1902 doesn't help so i will wait until it is non beta then i will update anyway.

Made a support ticket to microsoft, with the Feedback tool but if you look around on forums where not the only one , so i think microsoft knows about this issue now.

I hope that one of Asus forum admins can comment on this ? if Microsoft won't change anything then with the next big update coming October this update will be integrated.. well then where screwed and we lose any overclocking ability ! 😞

SSJ3Weasel
Level 7
You can uninstall the update and it will fix the problem, It is only an Intel update anyway and my 6850k isn't on the list. To uninstall go to Windows Settings-> Update & Security -> View update history -> Uninstall updates, then right click on the update with (KB4100347) and click uninstall

armin_maleki
Level 7
thank you
i uninstalled KB4100347 and my overclock come back!

i have 1901 beta bios (rampage v10 ) and 6850K

HeavyHemi
Level 8
This is happening on my EVGA X99 FTWK and yes 8650K IS affected.

Korth
Level 14
These performance impacts might be uncorrectable (that is, the price paid for correcting Spectre vulnerability) on these chips.

Sad to say I don't really expect them to be improved ... full performance (without Spectre vulnerability) might only be available on newer parts.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
These performance impacts might be uncorrectable (that is, the price paid for correcting Spectre vulnerability) on these chips.

Sad to say I don't really expect them to be improved ... full performance (without Spectre vulnerability) might only be available on newer parts.

Hi,
Since Haswell-e 5930k is not affected on 2101 bios with the update installed I doubt that's the case and the fix is just a little tweaking of the update

Question will be next if the fix from MS restores broadwell-e will it now bork haswell-e 🙂
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Korth wrote:

Well i don't mind if we lose a few % performance that's indeed the price we have to pay.. But what i do Mind is that we can't overclock these cpu's anymore with this Microcode update that's a big problem.