Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem M2 970 Evo

Wolf91
Level 7
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my 970 Evo, or rather I think the C7H has it

I changed 2 Samsung 960 Pro and now I currently have the 970 Evo

Today I installed the demo of FH4, the game remains locked in the loading screen, while if I install the game on the Samsung 840, it starts without problems,this happens to me for example with Sleeping Dogs

Since I changed a total of 3 M2, I do not think they are the problem, remains the motherboard, someone has this problem with the M2?

Bios updated to the latest version
10 REPLIES 10

Wolf91
Level 7
Wolf91 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my 970 Evo, or rather I think the C7H has it

I changed 2 Samsung 960 Pro and now I currently have the 970 Evo

Today I installed the demo of FH4, the game remains locked in the loading screen, while if I install the game on the Samsung 840, it starts without problems,this happens to me for example with Sleeping Dogs

Since I changed a total of 3 M2, I do not think they are the problem, remains the motherboard, someone has this problem with the M2?

Bios updated to the latest version

Anyone??

Wolf91 wrote:
Anyone??
Yeah...If you install M.2 device on the top M2_2 slot, your Pcie card will run at 4X and 8X (shared bandwith) So here is your problem playing games. Install M.2 in lower M.2_1 slot to get full advantage of speed on your pcie card (Video) at 16X. Look in the manual for your motherboard.

emsir wrote:
Yeah...If you install M.2 device on the top M2_2 slot, your Pcie card will run at 4X and 8X (shared bandwith) So here is your problem playing games. Install M.2 in lower M.2_1 slot to get full advantage of speed on your pcie card (Video) at 16X. Look in the manual for your motherboard.

Sorry, but you were wrong

I've already installed it in the slot below, and then even if it were installed in the slot above it should not crash

Now the operating system doesn't even start, it goes in continuous loop

I had the same issue with the demo but only once. It was taking longer than I thought so I 3-finger saluted it and restarted the demo. It came up fine the second time and I haven't had any issues with it since. I have Horizon 3, Motorsport 7, and Horizon 4 installed. No issues. The first boot for the game always takes longer. It needs to detect your system specs, etc, but it only needs to do that the first time you run it or when you update your display drivers.
Syaoran

I know the OP in another italian forum… the problem was in an extension cord of the PSU.
Maybe can be useful for someone else.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

gupsterg
Level 13
Is the FW for drive up to date?
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Is the FW for drive up to date?

yes, the firmware is updated

Hey,

I had issues installing FM7 to my 970 Evo and was about to give up, I decided to install it to my WD Black instead and it worked without an issue. So it you have alternative storage, try that and see if it works and run that until it is fixed, then try migrate back to the 970 evo. So I think it might be an issue with windows store games and the 970 evo, as other games worked installing to the 970.

Furthermore when apex, horizon 3 and FM7 landed on pc there were numerous threads on issues installing to NVME SSD at first