cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JM - All of my issues [NEED HELP]

Igor1590
Level 7
I bought this G751JM about 3-4 years ago, so like any laptop it does get old.

I've began getting problems ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10, and there's quite a few of them.

1) My BIOS interface seems to have changed after my Windows 10 upgrade, not sure if this affects much but just something to add.

2) All the drivers for this particular model are old for Windows 8.1, meaning I don't have access to things like GPU tweak, which allowed me to put my fans at full power of 25,000 RPM if I remember correctly. Because of this my CPU goes to extremely high temperatures, I've tried software which adjusts fan speed but it hasn't really worked. There is other software that came with the laptop that I don't have anymore, one of which allowed me to change the sound of my speakers and the colours in my monitor.

3) I've tried to factory reset back to Windows 8.1, but I cannot, it puts it on Windows 10 automatically and I'm unsure why.

4) My battery is broken (pretty sure it needs a replacement) I fear opening my laptop as it seems quite exhausting and complicated, after I saw a video on YouTube. This problem occurred a very long time ago but I've just kept my laptop in the mains 24/7 like a PC. I kind of got tricked with the warranty, as the laptop has 2 years of warranty but the battery has a 1 year warranty, I was told this over the phone to ASUS a while back.

5) CPU temperatures are always extremely high, no idea why, but they range from 76 Celsius all to 96 Celsius at all times. (Not sure about my GPU temperatures as they never come up).

But yeah... If any of you have any suggestions on what I can do please let me know, If it includes sending my laptop out for months then I can't really do that as this is my main device that I use for everything.
5 REPLIES 5

jdfrench3
Level 12
I can't find a ASUS G751JM model in the ASUS Support Site.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I can't find a ASUS G751JM model in the ASUS Support Site.

Exactly its like they don't have any support for it at all, the only things I can find is a few drivers here:
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G751JM/HelpDesk_Download/

Time to crack open that laptop and repaste the CPU/GPU, clean out the dust bunnies, replace the wireless adapter, add more memory, and replace that battery. Then reinstall Windows 10 (saving a copy of your eSupport file).

Or it's time to move-on and purchase a new laptop.

Your choice.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Time to crack open that laptop and repaste the CPU/GPU, clean out the dust bunnies, replace the wireless adapter, add more memory, and replace that battery. Then reinstall Windows 10 (saving a copy of your eSupport file).

Or it's time to move-on and purchase a new laptop.

Your choice.

Well, at authors POV i would start research on guts structure, first of all:
Asus ROG G751
TechInferno

G751 is VERY complicated in terms of its chassis construction, a very uneven sequence which were designed to increase assembling speed - but a bloody headache in terms of disassembling.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Igor1590 wrote:
I bought this G751JM about 3-4 years ago, so like any laptop it does get old.

I've began getting problems ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10, and there's quite a few of them.

1) My BIOS interface seems to have changed after my Windows 10 upgrade, not sure if this affects much but just something to add.

2) All the drivers for this particular model are old for Windows 8.1, meaning I don't have access to things like GPU tweak, which allowed me to put my fans at full power of 25,000 RPM if I remember correctly. Because of this my CPU goes to extremely high temperatures, I've tried software which adjusts fan speed but it hasn't really worked. There is other software that came with the laptop that I don't have anymore, one of which allowed me to change the sound of my speakers and the colours in my monitor.

3) I've tried to factory reset back to Windows 8.1, but I cannot, it puts it on Windows 10 automatically and I'm unsure why.

4) My battery is broken (pretty sure it needs a replacement) I fear opening my laptop as it seems quite exhausting and complicated, after I saw a video on YouTube. This problem occurred a very long time ago but I've just kept my laptop in the mains 24/7 like a PC. I kind of got tricked with the warranty, as the laptop has 2 years of warranty but the battery has a 1 year warranty, I was told this over the phone to ASUS a while back.

5) CPU temperatures are always extremely high, no idea why, but they range from 76 Celsius all to 96 Celsius at all times. (Not sure about my GPU temperatures as they never come up).

But yeah... If any of you have any suggestions on what I can do please let me know, If it includes sending my laptop out for months then I can't really do that as this is my main device that I use for everything.

You can get back to 8.1 using a install media created here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO
If your notebook was ever activated with windows 8 it should activate again. It may take a call to MS to get it activated?

after 3 or 4 years there is a very good chance you need to repaste your CPU and GPU

The battery will have to be replaced

Going back to 8.1 should solve most of the issue you brought up except the repasting which is highly likley you will need to do, replacing the battery will be no problems since you'll have the unit apart to repaste.

You could probably pay a shop to do the work most likeiy expensive, unless you do the work yourself it problably not woith it.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro