cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG GL553VE stuttering and masive FPS drop issue

UnDerWOrlD009
Level 7
Hello guys I have some issues while gaming on my laptop.After a while in games or in some cases from the moment I start the game I get stuttering and masive FPS drops even tho the FPS counter in the game says its over or around 60.This happens in games that on my old crappy laptop I could run with no issues.An example, in Destiny 2 with everything on low and lowest resolution with render scaling down to 75-80(game already looks like pixels mashed togheter) I can play with no issue for about 30 minutes after that it goes to hell.I dont know what to do,I'm thinking its from overheating or maybe lack of ram because with the specs it has it shouldn't struggle so much with games.
The specs are:
-Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
-8,00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1196MHz (17-17-17-39) DDR4
-ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL553VE (U3E1) Motherboard
-Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
ForceWare version: 399.07
SLI Disabled
-232GB Western Digital WDC WDS250G2B0B-00YS70 (SSD)
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)
Thanks in advance for any info
2 REPLIES 2

TimeLion724
Level 8
I have the same laptop model as you and have played Destiny 2 for hours but in medium settings.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

SK8
Level 10
It sounds like a setting is set wrong to me, sadly this is not a game I have played so I don't know its in game video settings 😕 But to try and help make sure in Nvidia control panel , under 3D settings , Adjust image settings with preview is set to Performance to start with always.

In game video settings if the game has this make sure this stuff is Off and if the game does not allow Off then set to Low... Supersampling (SSAA) OFF , Ambient OCCLUSION - OFF, FX AMOUNT OFF

With all origin games turn off origin in game and cloud storage both give issues in games at times

On PC power always set to high performance

Other things to give low FPS and stuttering on a pc is programs so use a clean boot please see this link for steps if you need it...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
Bios 602 and did a bios update doh
passed 8hr test on Karhu RamTest
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
CPU System Agent Voltage 1.29v
Dram timing control 17-18-18-38
Mode1
Dram command rate set to 2N set dram current capability to 130%