cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GI Bad Audio on Stream&Records

Shakesbeard
Level 7
I kinda ran out of ideas on what could possibly be wrong.
Maybe any of you got a useful hint or an idea.

The Problem:
Recording gameplay or streaming produces a very tincan and very low sound. But only as long as the local playback is coming from the buildin speakers.
As soon as I plugin my headset into the headset jack or stream to the Steam Link box the audio in the record and the stream mystically becomes great.

Support:
I already contacted support and am utterly disappointed of the service. They only offer an RMA which is kinda stupid as there does not seem to be any hardware defect. Considering the price tag of the thing, this level of support is absolutely no go. The responses been rude and lacked technical competence on so many levels I am pretty shocked to say the least.

Has anyone maybe experienced the same sound problem?
The box is basically on the factory install with latest Win10 and drivers update from Asus. Also BIOS is most recent. But the sound issue persists.
11 REPLIES 11

jdfrench3
Level 12
1. Install version 6.0.1.8443 Realtek Audio Driver.

2. Configure using the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

3. Finish using Sonic Studio 3.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Already updated in that order. But that did not change the weird effect when recording whilst using build in speakers. Did I miss anything?

jdfrench3 wrote:
1. Install version 6.0.1.8443 Realtek Audio Driver.

2. Configure using the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

3. Finish using Sonic Studio 3.

When using speaker output?

Right-click on the "speaker" icon in lower right-hand taskbar, scroll up and left-click on "Open Sound Settings". This brings up Windows Settings "Sound". Under "Choose your output device" ensure the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected.

When using your headphones, "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" is selected.

I have a third selection when using XSplit Gamecaster, "Speakers XSplit Stream Audio Renderer" is selected.

These selections are normally automatic but sometimes the selection must be made manually.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Yes, the sound from the speakers is really good but not on the record. I checked what you said below but obviously I only got the realteck high def speaker and two steam streming devices which I guess are for the Steam Link. But the output is routed correctly to the Realtek high dev speakers. Any other clues?

jdfrench3 wrote:
When using speaker output?

Right-click on the "speaker" icon in lower right-hand taskbar, scroll up and left-click on "Open Sound Settings". This brings up Windows Settings "Sound". Under "Choose your output device" ensure the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected.

When using your headphones, "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" is selected.

I have a third selection when using XSplit Gamecaster, "Speakers XSplit Stream Audio Renderer" is selected.

These selections are normally automatic but sometimes the selection must be made manually.

What program are you using to record or stream?
Homebuilt Windows Server

I tried the Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay thing and OBS Studio but with both I had the very same issues.
It is a bit like as if the sound channels are getting set to 5.1 or so and only hte front speaker is recorded. But all the config dialogs show a stereo setup. At least it sounds like that.

What version Realtek audio driver do you have installed? It's important that you install the latest version dated 08/24/2018 not the 07/16/2108 version. Note the drivers are labeled the same but are two different sizes. The larger driver is what you should install.

Version 6.0.1.8443
2018/08/24 178.02 MBytes
Realtek Audio Driver

Version 6.0.1.8443
2018/07/16 121.79 MBytes
Audio Driver V6.0.1.8443
Homebuilt Windows Server

Okay. Just to be on the save side I redownloaded the exact driver you pointed out from the auss rog support page.
However the installed driver is showing dated 2018-05-08 for whatever reason and suffers the same issue.
I figured there is an even newer driver than 8443 but that one is a smaller package so I guess it is not suitable.

This is going to make me crazy I swear ^.^

Can you verify that the date shown by the device manage is 2018-05-08 for the 2018-08-24 driver? Or should that date be showing in the device manage too?

jdfrench3 wrote:
What version Realtek audio driver do you have installed? It's important that you install the latest version dated 08/24/2018 not the 07/16/2108 version. Note the drivers are labeled the same but are two different sizes. The larger driver is what you should install.

Version 6.0.1.8443
2018/08/24 178.02 MBytes
Realtek Audio Driver

Version 6.0.1.8443
2018/07/16 121.79 MBytes
Audio Driver V6.0.1.8443

I confirm my device manager date for that driver is 2018/05/08. Why ASUS lists another date is your guess, they do that to the majority of their drivers.

Sorry my suggestions have not been more helpful.
Homebuilt Windows Server