New ROGer Array

G703GI Bad Audio on Stream&Records

I kinda ran out of ideas on what could possibly be wrong.
    Maybe any of you got a useful hint or an idea.

The Problem:
    Recording gameplay or streaming produces a very tincan and very low sound. But only as long as the local playback is coming from the buildin speakers.
    As soon as I plugin my headset into the headset jack or stream to the Steam Link box the audio in the record and the stream mystically becomes great.

Support:
    I already contacted support and am utterly disappointed of the service. They only offer an RMA which is kinda stupid as there does not seem to be any hardware defect. Considering the price tag of the thing, this level of support is absolutely no go. The responses been rude and lacked technical competence on so many levels I am pretty shocked to say the least.

Has anyone maybe experienced the same sound problem?
    The box is basically on the factory install with latest Win10 and drivers update from Asus. Also BIOS is most recent. But the sound issue persists.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

1. Install version 6.0.1.8443 Realtek Audio Driver.

2. Configure using the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

3. Finish using Sonic Studio 3.

New ROGer Array

Already updated in that order. But that did not change the weird effect when recording whilst using build in speakers. Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    1. Install version 6.0.1.8443 Realtek Audio Driver.

2. Configure using the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

3. Finish using Sonic Studio 3.

When using speaker output?

Right-click on the "speaker" icon in lower right-hand taskbar, scroll up and left-click on "Open Sound Settings". This brings up Windows Settings "Sound". Under "Choose your output device" ensure the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected.

When using your headphones, "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" is selected.

I have a third selection when using XSplit Gamecaster, "Speakers XSplit Stream Audio Renderer" is selected.

These selections are normally automatic but sometimes the selection must be made manually.

New ROGer Array

Yes, the sound from the speakers is really good but not on the record. I checked what you said below but obviously I only got the realteck high def speaker and two steam streming devices which I guess are for the Steam Link. But the output is routed correctly to the Realtek high dev speakers. Any other clues?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    When using speaker output?

Right-click on the "speaker" icon in lower right-hand taskbar, scroll up and left-click on "Open Sound Settings". This brings up Windows Settings "Sound". Under "Choose your output device" ensure the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected.

When using your headphones, "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" is selected.

I have a third selection when using XSplit Gamecaster, "Speakers XSplit Stream Audio Renderer" is selected.

These selections are normally automatic but sometimes the selection must be made manually.

What program are you using to record or stream?

New ROGer Array

I tried the Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay thing and OBS Studio but with both I had the very same issues.
    It is a bit like as if the sound channels are getting set to 5.1 or so and only hte front speaker is recorded. But all the config dialogs show a stereo setup. At least it sounds like that.

What version Realtek audio driver do you have installed? It's important that you install the latest version dated 08/24/2018 not the 07/16/2108 version. Note the drivers are labeled the same but are two different sizes. The larger driver is what you should install.

Version 6.0.1.8443
    2018/08/24 178.02 MBytes
    Realtek Audio Driver

Version 6.0.1.8443
    2018/07/16 121.79 MBytes
    Audio Driver V6.0.1.8443