ROG Junior Member Array

Laptop stuck in BIOS after booting

I have a FX504GD i5-8300H, GTX1050, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSHD, and everytime I boot it up it always goes to BIOS utility mode. When it boots, there is no loading indicator below the ASUS logo. I've disabled fast booting too but it still did not work. I've tried opening windows recovery mode (by holding F9) when I boot but it still didn't work. It happened minutes after I repaired my VPN app. Does anyone have any solutions?

New ROGer Array

This has also happened to me, I joined this forum to ask the same question!

I didn't update anything, just turned it on yesterday morning and been stuck in bios ever since!

I eagerly await any replies!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array JimmyH PC Specs
    JimmyH PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-E
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    MonitorBenq 27" x 2
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Ring 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Strix
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    Headset Logitech933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

It may sound like a stupid question, however, can you see your HDD from BIOS. Sometimes the terminals are not seated correctly or the HDD may have gone toes up therefor it can't find a boot device.

Another option is to boot to a Windows USB or CD as the boot sector may have corrupted.

CPU i7 8700K: MB: ROG Strix Z370-E Corsair Vengeance 3000 (4x8GB) : GTX-1080: Samsung 970 EVO, 2 x Kingston Hyper X
    500GB Velocerapter, PSU Corsair RM 850x
    Case Thermaltake View 71: Cooling Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 mm

New ROGer Array

I think I'm going to have to ring Asus tech support tomorrow on my day off, I can't see anything wrong on mine, but must be something. I was hoping it was just something small and after a few clicks it'd be sorted.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Easiest way to decipher what the issue is, is by looking at the right side of the easyBIOS when it its in EZ mode.

It should have all boot priorities listed with the windows boot manager being listed first alongside the name of the drive its on. If it is listed but not first, then simply drag it up to first in the list. if you press F7, you can also navigate to the furthest right option, which i believe is save / exit etc and there should be a boot override option in there which will show the windows boot profile if the unit can indeed, see it on the drive.
    If you can't see this then the chances are the drive has gone kaput.

If you can see it but it instead only lists the drive and not the windows boot manager, then the boot profile has been wiped probably from an erroneous MS update.

New ROGer Array

Mine has gone back to Asus, luckily its young enough to be under warranty still. Not happy to be without a laptop for a few weeks though!
    The guy at Asus tech support concluded my hard drive had gone wrong.