cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop stuck in BIOS after booting

r_eugene
Level 7
I have a FX504GD i5-8300H, GTX1050, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSHD, and everytime I boot it up it always goes to BIOS utility mode. When it boots, there is no loading indicator below the ASUS logo. I've disabled fast booting too but it still did not work. I've tried opening windows recovery mode (by holding F9) when I boot but it still didn't work. It happened minutes after I repaired my VPN app. Does anyone have any solutions?
5 REPLIES 5

illusion090
Level 7
This has also happened to me, I joined this forum to ask the same question!

I didn't update anything, just turned it on yesterday morning and been stuck in bios ever since!

I eagerly await any replies!

JimmyH
Level 10
It may sound like a stupid question, however, can you see your HDD from BIOS. Sometimes the terminals are not seated correctly or the HDD may have gone toes up therefor it can't find a boot device.

Another option is to boot to a Windows USB or CD as the boot sector may have corrupted.

I think I'm going to have to ring Asus tech support tomorrow on my day off, I can't see anything wrong on mine, but must be something. I was hoping it was just something small and after a few clicks it'd be sorted.

Easiest way to decipher what the issue is, is by looking at the right side of the easyBIOS when it its in EZ mode.

It should have all boot priorities listed with the windows boot manager being listed first alongside the name of the drive its on. If it is listed but not first, then simply drag it up to first in the list. if you press F7, you can also navigate to the furthest right option, which i believe is save / exit etc and there should be a boot override option in there which will show the windows boot profile if the unit can indeed, see it on the drive.
If you can't see this then the chances are the drive has gone kaput.

If you can see it but it instead only lists the drive and not the windows boot manager, then the boot profile has been wiped probably from an erroneous MS update.

Mine has gone back to Asus, luckily its young enough to be under warranty still. Not happy to be without a laptop for a few weeks though!
The guy at Asus tech support concluded my hard drive had gone wrong.