cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Booting Issue

dusty459
Level 7
Right iv had my Zenith Since threadripper was release has anyone else got the issue when they turn on there pc where it double loads
4 REPLIES 4

Rob_W_
Level 12
dusty459, if by double boot you are referring to rig starts to boot then closes and boots again, I have experienced this in the past when cpu voltage has been too low but having said that , there is a minefield of other reasons for it happening, worth checking in bios though.

dusty459
Level 7
Yes that's boots then closes then boots again what should the cpu voltage be

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The double cold boot is normal for some settings. Memory training related. Nothing wrong...

When you getting a double or more post procedure after a cold start, please have a look to the last QCode display. Which one is the last displayed code, overthere?

When it is Code 18 (Pre-Init phase of memory):

Help the UEFI BIOS to set memory settings:

Go after a successfully post into the bios and go to the memory timing settings page.
There you'll find all the settings applied automatically to your memory after training. Normally most of them or all of them have the setting AUTO.
So, noticed to every setting of timings what is the highest number of each RAM module and change for every setting from auto to that particular highest number of each ROW.

And save the bios settings, then restart. Now you can try a shutdown of the system, make the power go away and then make a cold boot.

When there's a cold double post again, try to set "proc ODT" to something between 40 Ohm and 80 Ohm. Have a try.
By my the best is 80 Ohms (Corsair Vegenace RAM (4*16GB)).