cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VIII - end of life time = end of support?

Gentleman
Level 8
Hi,

i need to get answer to my question?

Where are fresh drivers? Its been a year since the last drivers were published...

Im using SonicStudio II, but its nor work properly at all - i.e. moving reverb slider doesnt change anything... : ((
LAST BIOS version didnt improve performance, SSD performance lose 15%....
etc.
etc.
etc.

I just want to remind you that many have chosen this products because of additional functionalities that today cause more problems than they give benefits. I expect from premium hardware longer support. I am convinced that next time I will consider buying an ordinary one, maybe even a different brand.

Is Asus planning to release new drivers for this platform? Has the support for this series of products ended?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Posting here you are speaking primarily to the user community as this is not an official support forum. Other users may be able to help you troubleshoot but once you have exhausted this option you should contact ASUS support.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JustinThyme
Level 13
Gentleman wrote:
Hi,

i need to get answer to my question?

Where are fresh drivers? Its been a year since the last drivers were published...

Im using SonicStudio II, but its nor work properly at all - i.e. moving reverb slider doesnt change anything... : ((
LAST BIOS version didnt improve performance, SSD performance lose 15%....
etc.
etc.
etc.

I just want to remind you that many have chosen this products because of additional functionalities that today cause more problems than they give benefits. I expect from premium hardware longer support. I am convinced that next time I will consider buying an ordinary one, maybe even a different brand.

Is Asus planning to release new drivers for this platform? Has the support for this series of products ended?

Just to get one part out of the way.
drivers/firmware updates are not necessary al the time. If there are no issues why fixx something that isnt broke? Same goes for firmware.

What specific probems are you having?

Keep in mind cessation of updates or production does not mean cessation of support. The business Im in we are bound to support products for 10 years after the last date of manufacture. This includes parts.

Whie Im sure your warranty must be expired ASUS will still offer support, at some point that will most certainly become a billlabe service.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Maximus VIII – End of Life = No longer marketing or sustaining driver support unless it is necessary. Example: Spectre (now loaded by Microsoft updates) or documented ASUS Technical Support inquires (driver problems) submitted by customers.

For End of Service Life check below (after which you shall be charged a premium price for repair):

https://www.asus.com/us/support/warranty-status-inquiry/

I just installed Sonic Studio II on my VIII Gene and reverb slider (Live, Studio, etc.) works fine on speakers and headphones.

Downloaded (right clicked and unblocked file) and extracted file (Realtek_AudioDriver_Win7-10_V6018158_20170607) to new folder, selected AsusSetup to install (it does not matter if you run as administrator or just double click). Then I had to restart computer because installation stopped SupremeFX from running in the background during installation.

etorphine
Level 7
It is end of line for Z170 series i think Its been a year since the last drivers were published for my Asus Ranger VIII also. End of story man. U can find lan driver, Rapidstorage driver, management engine driver etc from intel support ...

still they didnt fix asus ai suite III . So i dont believe they will publish new drivers for this series in the future. They didnt fix a single program in this case they wont work on drivers.