cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning suggestion for ROG Monitors

Azuria
Level 7
Hi all,
I'm almost one year into using my PG27AQ monitor, and its been going well. Except the dust and cleanliness of the monitor needs abit of attention.

My question to you all is there a good solution to use for your monitor, aside from water and a micro fibre.
I'm happy to purchase something aslong as it doesn't damage the monitor.

Any suggestions?
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4

Outlawone
Level 8
myself I just use damp microfiber I never use any cleaner and after dry I use these anti-tratic pads.

Korth
Level 14
I used to baby my monitors. Expensive monitor cleaning solutions, sterile microfiber cloths and chamois swabs, etc, only the finest whiteroom electrical cleaning supplies.

After a while I learned that a few dabs of bottled water on a paper towel works well enough, sometimes also run a damp Q-tip around inset edges and corners. If you don't let too much dust collect on it then you won't abrade the plastics, haze the screen, erode the pretty surfactants away. Hell, sometimes I just lick my fingertip to rub a dirty spot off the screen. I realize quite well that proper loving care will preserve the virgin pristinity of expensive monitors for a long time ... but they're tougher than most people think.

As a side note, laboratory-grade Kimwipes are awesome for cleaning stuff like this, and quite affordable if you buy them in small bulk.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I used to baby my monitors. Expensive monitor cleaning solutions, sterile microfiber cloths and chamois swabs, etc, only the finest whiteroom electrical cleaning supplies.

After a while I learned that a few dabs of bottled water on a paper towel works well enough, sometimes also run a damp Q-tip around inset edges and corners. If you don't let too much dust collect on it then you won't abrade the plastics, haze the screen, erode the pretty surfactants away. Hell, sometimes I just lick my fingertip to rub a dirty spot off the screen. I realize quite well that proper loving care will preserve the virgin pristinity of expensive monitors for a long time ... but they're tougher than most people think.

As a side note, laboratory-grade Kimwipes are awesome for cleaning stuff like this, and quite affordable if you buy them in small bulk.

Korth,

Fair point, thanks for the advice. I'll go basic kimwipes/bottled water etc and work my way from there.

Volt
Level 9
I try to just use microfiber and water. That can sometimes be a slow and laborious process. For that's the safest way to clean my monitor. Without potentially scuffing up, or scratching the screen.

I have once or twice used Windex and paper towels when my monitor had some tougher things on it to clean ealier this year. I sometimes eat food while gaming. And someimtes tiny little food splashes get on it. Every once in a while I'll sneeze or cough on it. Opps! Those things are a bit of a pain to clean with microfiber and water.