cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small vertical lines on monitor

geecee61
Level 7
A few months ago I noticed small random vertical flashing line approx. 2-7mm that would appear in different places on my monitor spasmodically, I originally thought irt may be a cable issue as I was using a DV-I to HDMI but decided to ignore it as I was purchasing a new ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q , I have now connected the ROG monitor via displayport but the issue continues, this is not constant but the small vertical flashing lines do keep coming back about 12 times a day, if it is on a light background the lines will be black flashing lines, if dark background the lines will be white, I have tried uninstalling various drivers and re-installing to no avail, any help or suggestions at this point would be gratefully received.
3 REPLIES 3

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
165Hz monitor are you set to use it in vnidia control panel resolution ?
Have you used DDU "display driver uninstaller" yet ?
Have you checked the power inputs to the graphic's card, disconnect/ reconnect.
Is the graphic's card cables dual vga from the power supply or are you using a pigtail off a molex ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

geecee61
Level 7
OK I have tried my monitor at different Hz rates to see if the problem lay there but it didn't.
I have already tried disconnecting and connecting my power cables and reconnecting them, again not the issue.
My power cables to the GPU are a direct source from the PSU.
I tried your suggestion of using DDU and sadly that has not cured the issue!!.
I would welcome any other suggestions, this small single vertical line that pops up at random places around the screen does not do so on my desktop screen, only on open web pages75892

Really late to the party here, but my brand new pg278qz looks just like the picture you linked, but only on the right 50% of the screen.