Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chris k View Post
    Ended up putting my RT-AC5300 running Merlin 384.6 back in as my main router. Absolutely blows the GT out of the water running this fw. Getting MUCH better range and speed on the wifi and its STABLE.
    I tried to go with this too but I have two*RT-AC5300 in AiMesh and*Merlin Firmware does not support it

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by tunakok View Post
    Administrator: *Could you please confirm if this is possible in this FW or not: *Under the VPN Fusion, can you set the VPN as the default connection and then set a device to only access the Internet under the Exception rules? *It seems to me that the opposite works but not this one. *Would appreciate your thoughts.
    seem like the 5ghz-2 only disappear when i have aimesh .!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by haihane View Post
    i was curious about this, so i went and googled merlin firmware.
    this looks very much like the router interface on my RT-AC87U.

but the site says:
    Asuswrt-Merlin is an alternative, customized version of that firmware. Developed by Eric Sauvageau, its primary goals are to enhance the existing firmware without bringing any radical changes, and to fix some of the known issues and limitations, while maintaining the same level of performance as the original firmware.....

ref: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

so, the merlin firmware is not made by ASUS but someone else (i happen to notice the paypal donate button too) ? but the interface is all the same?
    Technically, Merlin just takes the Asus stock fw and fixes/adds useful features (spanning tree protocol, qos-fq codel, etc). The interface looks pretty much the same but with some options not available in the stock fw. Sadly, Merlin won't touch fw for the GT because of all the proprietary stuff.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array haihane PC Specs
    haihane PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair V Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX 8350
    Memory (part number)Gskill F3-2400C10-8GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS HD 6950
    Storage #1WD Velociraptor 1TB
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120XL
    CaseCooler Master Silencio 650
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G500
    OS Windows 7 X64
    Network RouterLinksys E2500

Quote Originally Posted by chris k View Post
    Technically, Merlin just takes the Asus stock fw and fixes/adds useful features (spanning tree protocol, qos-fq codel, etc). The interface looks pretty much the same but with some options not available in the stock fw. Sadly, Merlin won't touch fw for the GT because of all the proprietary stuff.
    if he's that good, ASUS should just employ him already.
    👍
    no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

ROG Member Array Kincaid PC Specs
    Kincaid PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme [BIOS 3801]
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3200 [F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX 2015 [on-board]
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster PX2370
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H100i v2
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 1200W
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore [Red]
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex v2
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64, Linux Lite & Manjaro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC5300

Quote Originally Posted by haihane View Post
    if he's that good, ASUS should just employ him already.
    ��
    That's one way of looking at it. On the other hand, there's much more freedom in remaining independent of ASUS. At the end of the day the end-user ends up with more options with how things currently stand. Personally, I prefer things as-is¹.

¹ I realize the GT isn't supported but many other models are (eg RT, etc). Many people would lose out if Merlin releases became bogged down by bureaucracy.
    Last edited by Kincaid; 09-25-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belizejackie View Post
    seem like the 5ghz-2 only disappear when i have aimesh .!!
    If you are using wireless to run AiMesh, then one 5GHz band will be occupied, used as the backbone.
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 09-26-2018 at 07:03 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    If you are using wireless to run AiMesh, then one 5GHz band will be occupied, used as the backbone.

im using Ethernet for the aimesh and usually the 5ghz-2 is the one link with the aimesh and i get full bars.. 5ghz-1 im only getting 2 bars beside the aimesh router !!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Here is a list of issues I'm having with this fw QOS still not working right. Using adaptive, manually entered speeds are still being ignored almost as if its stuck on auto causing massive bufferbloat issues, especially on upload. Dropping the speeds to 90% of what I get from my isp, download bloat improved but not the upload. Wireless, 5ghz-2 still having problems, almost seems that it cannot maintain a consistent power level. Putting the GT into AP mode, no wireless improvement but did notice that in changing the operation mode, qos did NOT get turned off. In media bridge mode, the gt drops connection to main router after about 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what router is used as the main, another GT, rt-ac5300, rt-ac88u or netgear r9000. The bridge has all mac showing as connected to the main router and utilizing bandwidth, again, doesn't matter what router is used as the main. Feedback function doesn't work. Sending fails and option to download the logs to email is missing. Hitting the feedback tab after the failed attempt results in a corrupted page. I could copy whats in the admin logs but its completely empty.

ROG Junior Member Array

after updating latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.32799 . Having intermittent wifi drop outs and wireless will not connect until router reboots.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

@ MasterC@Asus,
    how are we looking with beta software that could solve issues people have been seeing?
    thanks
    Felipe

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast