Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

GT-AC5300 - VPN Fusion and AIMESH

@MasterC@ASUS

Please allow me to summarize my issues once again: I own two routers (ROG GT-AC5300 and RT-AC5300)

1. Initially on purchase I installed both routers with the latest release firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.32799.
    2. Configured the two routers in AIMESH (GT-AC5300 in AImesh router and RT-AC5300 as AImesh Node).
    3. Set up one VPN Tunnel using VPN Fusion using my ExpressVPN account and .opvn file.
    4, If the VPN tunnel is activated for all devices as default the internet connection is stable.
    5. If all devices are routed to ISP internet as default the connection is also stable.
    6. If I setup one device on the exception list to connect to the VPN tunnel while the default is internet the internet gets disconnected.

After reading through various forums I discovered that there is a beta firmware 3.0.0.4.384_44603that addresses the issues I experienced.

After I installed this firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384_44603 I had the following experience:

1. The internet connection remained stable with the following configuration:
    2. Default all devices connect directly to internet.
    3. Only one device is activated to connect through VPN tunnel
    4. This setup works as VPN fusion is expected however the AIMESH option disappeared and I no longer have the possibility of adding an AIMESH node from the main network page.
    5. Followed the instructions to repeat the setup of AIMESH node for my second RT-AC5300 but the main AIMESH router GT-AC5300 does not provide the option to create AIMesh.
    6. The RT-AC5300 simply shows connected.

Should I remain on the firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_44603. Is this an official ASUS beta firmware.

How should I regain the AIMESH capability.

As reported on various forums this is widely reported problem.

Looking forward to resolution of this problem.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

will we get any response from Asus here?

ROG Member Array

*I am such a sucker but let's see how this goes - ordered the new*GT-AX11000 and it will be here Friday, please please please don't have the problems the GT-AC5300 has or my family will kill me!

ROG Member Array

@Livefeed
    May the new router provide you years of problem free use!

ROG Junior Member Array

I have randon reboots my self, nearly daily, funny thing is, the random reboots the router does is somehow tied to me Restarting or Shutting down my main PC, so everytime I either Reboot/Shutdown on my PC, 30sec later the Router would just **** on me and reboot. (PC is connected through LAN)

and its reproducible 8/10 times, never have Ive seen such an issue with any Router in my IT life.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Livefeed View Post
    *I am such a sucker but let's see how this goes - ordered the new*GT-AX11000 and it will be here Friday, please please please don't have the problems the GT-AC5300 has or my family will kill me!
    Good luck. Honestly, I think you would do better with the RT-AX88u. Only a few minor issues with it at release and Merlin is working on firmware for it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chris k View Post
    Good luck. Honestly, I think you would do better with the RT-AX88u. Only a few minor issues with it at release and Merlin is working on firmware for it.
    Thanks, I do have the RT-AX88u and yes it has been playing well even though it's missing a few of the features like VPN fusion. If all goes well the*GT-AX11000 will be the main and the AX88u will be a AiMesh but I just read out of the box the*GT-AX11000 does not support AiMesh on release even though its clearly stated on the box!! *

will we ever get an ETA?

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

I've been pushing the networking team to help you guys regarding VPN Fusion, AiMesh, and especially the feedback function. The ETA for a new firmware is next month. When the feedback function issue is resolved, please utilize that and PM Stewart@ASUS the email used so the networking team can understand your network environment and help directly if necessary.

Hi MasterC@ASUS, thanks for the reply.

a couple of questions:
    1- will the next firmware in december be an official one? or is it a beta one? If its`s an official, do you have a beta we can try now?
    2- when you say PM Stewart, do you mean on the forum?

tks
    Felipe

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast