Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by mmeyerj View Post
    Thank you both for your helpful suggestions.

I was able to up the frame rate by reinstalling the latest nVidia drivers with a clean install. This was done by selecting Custom -> Clean Install during the driver installation.

It's very curious that the manufacturer states that the card has 3GB of video ram but the DxDiag tool only finds 719 MB. According to another post on the Tested.com forum (http://www.tested.com/forums/please-...orrect/11899/?) the card doesn't actually have 3 GB of memory on board and that the majority of it is shared memory. Now it is prudent to point out that the individual assisting in this matter (in the tested.com forum) gets his facts wrong and the solution, in that case, was what Thomas had suggested.

Below is a quote from Asus regarding the nVidia geforce GTX 560m.
    I'm afraid you're reading it wrongly. While some notebook GPUs (expecially CPU-integrated graphics) use systme RAM this one does not. The card does indeed have 3GB dedicated GDDR5 chips in it.

Display Memory indicates actual memory IN USE at that time, while Dedicated Memory is 3034MB (your 3GB). Shared Memory is another term altogether and I THINK it's a modern term for what used to be called the AGP Aperture - basically the amount of system RAM it dedicates for graphics based caching to feed your GPU.

Glad you got this sorted though

Warning though: the latest Nvidia drivers have a bug on 560Ms and S3 states (hibernation). So if you use hibernation the display might not come out of standby. This is why our website still has 267 drivers on it.

ROG Member Array

Warning though: the latest Nvidia drivers have a bug on 560Ms and S3 states (hibernation). So if you use hibernation the display might not come out of standby. This is why our website still has 267 drivers on it.
    No worries. I don't use hibernation, but thank you for the tip.
    Current PC: G74SX-RH71
    Current Game(s): World of Warcraft, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Current Emotion: Frustrated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2