Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

This is disappointing.I cant believe that so expensive mother board dont have support from asus.There is a lot of people that have problems with sound including me.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I'll have a word with the product managers.
    Awesome! Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewkROG View Post
    This is disappointing.I cant believe that so expensive mother board dont have support from asus.There is a lot of people that have problems with sound including me.
    i don't have any audio issues

ROG Member Array

Any updates?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewkROG View Post
    Try installing the Strix Z370 audio driver/s. they are newer than the ones on the outdated Maximus X pages. I'm using the ones for the Z370 Strix on my MX Code. Not sure if it will fix your issues, but it's worth a shot. I believe most of ASUS' Z370 motherboard drivers are the same, but some of the support pages might be getting neglected lol.
    Last edited by Zammin; 09-26-2018 at 12:13 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1602]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U

Yes please do have a solid word with your product managers, and who should have a talk to the engineers.

This is about the only thing that frustrates me with a lot of ASUS PC hardware. I have mostly ASUS gear, currently an Asus GTX1080 ti 11GB graphics, Asus GTX1060 6GB graphics, DSL-AC68u Wifi modem router, PCE-AC68u PCIe Wifi card and a Maximus X Hero and Maximus VIII Ranger mobo [2 desktops that I built]. But I began with buying ASUS gear way back in 2002. Out of all those recent product, the latest update is for the Maximus X Hero "Aura" v1.06.95 [2018/09/11] which is just a utility, not that it isn't important.

However the more essential hardware since Windows April update and which need what could be classified critical updates for major fixes, are things like the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V, and the Realtek HD Audio ACL1220, because the Windows major update in April 2018 has broken these, including and other hardware.

I know how with Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V, Intel engineers are working on a solution so this is not ASUS at fault, because until Intel work out a solution ASUS simply has to wait, but other hardware or parts of that that I have e.g. Intel MEI and realtek HD Audio for the 2 mobos the original hardware manufactures have put out updates.... but ASUS has not kept up, though.

I know that the 2 network hardware [DSL-AC68 + PCE-AC68u] are some 4 years old, but really, the latest driver for the Wifi card was last updated 2017/07/27, and the so called utility that this update is for, does not work since the Windows 10 April update.

When I go to Dell or HP or Microsoft drivers websites to check for updates for 3 of my family's notebooks, these companies have mostly been keeping up to date, there are long lists of drivers, utilities and software updates available for their products.

ASUS has to really take a good look at their product update policy because their competition are making ASUS stand on the backbench. It makes me feel as though ASUS have been putting most of their resources into product development so much so that what maintains their customer's product after sale, has been/is left behind.

Please let your people know that they should understand a bit more what the public... their customers want, and in the PC building scene at least, we love to care for our beloved hardware, and knowing that who we purchase form take that little bit of care to keep our hardware working well, brings us back to purchase more ASUS gear, and not begin to look elsewhere.

But instead, sometimes I feel that once I've purchased an ASUS PC product, then ASUS does not need to do much more than to worry about bringing out the next gen and neglect the person with the previous gen. because ASUS prefer that we upgrade rather than maintain what we already have.
    Last edited by XYchromosone; 09-26-2018 at 01:34 PM.

ROG Member Array

Absolutely agree that the lack of updates on anything is insane. I even have an Asus phone...the support is laughable.

I can't even go to my VIP account on the Asus site anymore and now have to find my separate products instead of having them all attached to my account. Unreal and incredibly bothersome considering how much money I have thrown at this company over the years.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array kens30 PC Specs
    kens30 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Code
    ProcessorCore i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1? RTX3080
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 32inch 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 pro 500gb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb 860 evo 500gb + WD 8tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i gt
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB LUX
    Mouse Logitech G pro
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox One Controller

I totally agree with all of you but regarding the updates the rest of Maximus x boards + strix need a bios update first.
    The current 1602 has outdated MEI and intel RST rom firmware, BIOS MEI is at 11.8.50.3470 and intel RST rom is 16.0.2.
    First we need a new bios to update MEI to 11.8.55.3510 and intel RST rom to 16.5 maybe intel lan rom is outated too but i forgot to check it in the bios file.
    Next the updated drivers for other Z370 motherboards are tagged for Windows RS4 1803 and in a couple of weeks Windows RS5 1809 is being released.
    So at least i want to hear ASUS feedback for the current status of Z370........

ROG Member Array

It has been a week since you said you were going to talk with the product managers, is the internal communication this slow?

Asus high-end motherboards must have the same production cost as the low-end, since they seem to have less than a year of software support.
    My Maximus X Hero would like the "Spring Update" drivers... 4 months ago. Please don't forget the "Fall Update" which will release in a few weeks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array kens30 PC Specs
    kens30 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Code
    ProcessorCore i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1? RTX3080
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 32inch 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 pro 500gb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb 860 evo 500gb + WD 8tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i gt
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB LUX
    Mouse Logitech G pro
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox One Controller

Drivers have just started being updated right now for Maximus X boards (at last) on the global support pages although they have not finished updating for all boards yet.
    Just a couple of hours i believe and they will have it all sorted out..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast