Version 1406
2018/09/19 10.12 MBytes
PRIME Z370-A BIOS 1406
1. Improve system performance

Have anyone tried this?
7 REPLIES 7

BA1UK
Level 7
Just loaded it. No issues so far. Restart Installs an ME update to 11.8.55.3510.

Possibly UEFI selection terminology has changed a bit (Now CSM to auto, select windows boot manager then at reboot it renames to windows UEFI) but I could be remembering another system I did more recently. 1 further uncalled for POST-restart during the next boot and now seems fine

BA1UK wrote:
Just loaded it. No issues so far. Restart Installs an ME update to 11.8.55.3510.

Possibly UEFI selection terminology has changed a bit (Now CSM to auto, select windows boot manager then at reboot it renames to windows UEFI) but I could be remembering another system I did more recently. 1r further uncalled for POST-restart during the next boot and now seems fine

For me these things didn't change. No idea what the performance improvement is. The AVX offset value now has a pulldown menue. I think it must have been entered by hand before.

katlani
Level 9
I don't see any change in UEFI settings, though i did notice the Latest BIOS Time on the Startup tab of the Task Manager in Windows 10 is decreased back to the 14.1 secs as it was before the previous update.

And if this one wasn't already fast enough there is 1412 out with even more terrific speed improvement 🙂

katlani
Level 9
Thanks for the update.. 🙂

Have anyone got to try this yet? I usually do when it hits the EZ Flash auto update from the BIOS itself but that can take 4-5 days to reach.

Have anyone got to try this yet?

1412 is a bit faster on bootup, last BIOS time is now ~8 sec where before it was 10 to 12 sec. Working fine so far.

I have updated from 0605 to 1412 and almost instantly regret. Issues:

• Every enter to bios end with increase this samsung 970 evo smart parameter: "Error Information Log Entries:" regardless with or without saving changes
  • If I remember right with 0605 fans instantly start with qfan profile loaded = silent. Now they start from upper level and after while slow down to defined threshold

What does this bios do to samsung ssd causing errors in log ?