cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build (check) Install win 7 (fail) y o y can i not get win7 or win 10 to install

tanabe
Level 7
hi I built and moded a pc case put an
asus crosshair vii hero am4
ryzen 2700x
Gskill 16gb ddr4
msi seahawk ek 1080
fully water cooled with glass tubeing
evga 750g3 psu
Samsung 970 nvme

So I thought installing windows would be the least of my troubles, oh man was I wrong.
I have followed the wright up about adding the usb 3 drivers to my usb iso. got to windows is loading put in what keyboard regain ? and my key board is dead.
When I try to install win 10 I get blue screen and error code.
so I cant install win 7 or win 10 and i have a £2500 odd paper weight.
can anyone offer any help or advise because I have been trying for 2 days solied to get thisdone.
pls help

with thanks
8 REPLIES 8

tanabe
Level 7
I just purchased an ps2 keyboard do you think that will sort?

Rufinoman
Level 8
Have you tried using the Media Creation Tool and rather than using that tool to create a bootable pendrive, use it to download the Windows 10 ISO. Then use Rufus to create a bootable pendrive and make sure the settings are for UEFI.

The thing is that you build the perfect module according to your sources and capability and that is very interesting to know that this type of system has to be built. This has to work properly and I am sure that it would do that. Tis type of system has to have inbuilt usb ports and that is the main USP of your thing. Dell bios update is there to provide any help related to this.

successfulantya wrote:
The thing is that you build the perfect module according to your sources and capability and that is very interesting to know that this type of system has to be built. This has to work properly and I am sure that it would do that. Tis type of system has to have inbuilt usb ports and that is the main USP of your thing. Dell bios update is there to provide any help related to this.[/QUOTE
He never said it was a Dell system and he should forget adding USB to an iso. Windows will take care of that during the install and later you can download the USB drivers from Asus.

tanabe
Level 7
thank you for your replys, I have now made an windows boot disk from the iso that I have, so hopefully with windows 7 boot disk andasus driver disk + ps2 keyboard this should work I will report back!

tanabe
Level 7
well I got win 10 to install, but I never have been I fan so still trying to get my win 7 install set up

tanabe
Level 7
Oops

tanabe
Level 7
update system finished, not as fast as i would have liked