cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The good thread: My ASUS Experience.

StarJack
Level 11
I know many people have issues with their ASUS products and come here to complain ( and rightfully so ). But I gotta say. I have now owned my ASUS GL702VMK for 18 months and have traveled back and forth with it everyday in a backpack and have honestly not really had one serious issue with it that could not be solved fairly quick. I game with it on average 3-4 hours a day and definitely put it through the paces. I was able to use the popular bag of tricks to mitigate heat and for the most part can keep the CPU/GPU in the high 60's / low 70's during extended sessions without compromising too much. It continues to be a pleasure to use each day.

Now some folks may roll their eyes at this thread and call me a fanboy, and that's fine. But for myself, the proof is in the pudding. I wanted to get 3 years out of this rig and I feel that I most likely will. I dunno, maybe I am one of the lucky ones but I think there has to be many more people out there with similar positive experiences. I understand that people are more likely to voice their opinion when things go wrong than when they go right but I just thought I would make this post and tip my hat to ASUS, for in my case, a job well done. I am in no way minimizing the legitimate issues other owners may have with their products, just describing my own experience and feelings. Take it for what it's worth.

A genuinely pleased consumer,

StarJack
5 REPLIES 5

PhilG55vw
Level 9
I currently have three Asus computers, T-100, G55VW and G703GI-XS98K. I bought the G55 in 2012 and its still going strong running Win7 64 bit. The T-100 is 5 years old and currently runs Win 10 build 1803. I didn't need the G703GI, but who could refuse? Besides the G55 couldn't keep up with Destiny 2, although it runs Titanfall very well. Only disappointment was a GL702 that refused to boot after 3 weeks, but it ran too hot and too loud on Destiny anyway. Too thin to cool well. Thankfully I bought that from the correct vendor and received a full refund and excellent support.

Korth
Level 14
Don't feel worried about being called an ASUS fanboy around this forum, haha.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87231-The-ROG-Battle-Station-by-Chas-Burkhart

Nice to see people actually offer positive feedback. 😄

ASUS hardware is not always perfect but it is consistently excellent. ASUS software not so much, although from what I've seen it has gotten better over the years. ASUS technical documentation is fail ... but if you never need it because your ASUS system works perfectly for the stuff you do then that's not even an issue.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Don't feel worried about being called an ASUS fanboy around this forum, haha.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87231-The-ROG-Battle-Station-by-Chas-Burkhart

Nice to see people actually offer positive feedback. 😄

ASUS hardware is not always perfect but it is consistently excellent. ASUS software not so much, although from what I've seen it has gotten better over the years. ASUS technical documentation is fail ... but if you never need it because your ASUS system works perfectly for the stuff you do then that's not even an issue.

and if you need help with it, this is the place:)
Hi starJack, always nice to here others having a good experience

I bought my GL702VS in june after returning a few others because of very annoying noise levels just surfing the web. The GL702VS is silent except when gaming and even then its not to bad. This is the best gaming notebook i have ever owned 😄 (haven't owned that many though :D).

Got g-sync working perfectly with the aid of some guides at blurbusters (https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/) now i am enjoying stutterfree gaming.

Did a repaste last week (and probably broke the warranty doing so) and thermal grizzly kryonaut combined with alphacool 11W/mK thermal pads did wonders, combined with undervolting with msi afterburner the performance is on par with a 1080 Max-Q.

I bought my GL702VS in june after returning a few others because of very annoying noise levels just surfing the web. The GL702VS is silent except when gaming and even then its not to bad. This is the best gaming notebook i have ever owned 😄 (haven't owned that many though :D).

Got g-sync working perfectly with the aid of some guides at blurbusters (https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/) now i am enjoying stutterfree gaming.