cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VE NVidia issues after updating BIOS from 306 to 307

Mark_Ellison
Level 7
I updated my BIOS from 306 to 307 on either Sept. 13 or 14. Since then my NVidia card has been unusable. I have had to set the default graphics card to Integrated to be able to run any Adobe Software, open the NVidia Control Panel, NVidia Experience, or any game (which now won't run because it needs the graphics power).

I have uninstalled and clean reinstalled the Microsoft issued Intel driver (I have not downloaded and installed the driver from Intel).
I have uninstalled and clean reinstalled the NVidia driver starting with version 399.07, which was the last version to run any Adobe Software fully, and now have the newest release, 411.63, installed.....still no help.

I have attached the DxDiag file for any useful info and copied and pasted initial stuff below.

i've read about the possibility of using EZ Flash to downgrade the BIOS to a prior version but that makes me nervous and not even sure it's possible with my system. I'm not sure what else to do to correct the issue.

Any help/insights would welcomed. 🙂

===========================
System Model: GL553VE
BIOS: GL553VE.307 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 8262 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 8134 MB

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Render-Only Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C8C&SUBSYS_15E01043&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 12155 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4021 MB
Shared Memory: 8134 MB
===================================
3 REPLIES 3

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
What do you mean by "unusable"? Game crashes? Blue screens? Poor performance?
Have you tried uninstalling the display driver using DDU?

Mark_Ellison
Level 7
Thank you for asking me to clarify - it was late and I wasn't thinking. lol

Using my NVidia card when I open:

• Illustrator - it crashes immediately upon opening to the recent file screen to open a file
  • Premiere Pro - as soon as I create, select, or try to edit a sequence, place a video in a squence, or import a video into a project, it crashes.
  • After Effects - hangs on the the Installing MediaCore screen and I have to force close through Task Manager
  • Photoshop - hangs on importing Preference screen and I have to force close through Task Manager
  • NVidia Control Panel - hangs and crashes everytime I open it using the NVidia card
  • NVidia Experience - this is what it looks like running with NVidia graphics card

And yes I have used DDU to perform a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Mark Ellison wrote:
Thank you for asking me to clarify - it was late and I wasn't thinking. lol

Using my NVidia card when I open:

• Illustrator - it crashes immediately upon opening to the recent file screen to open a file
  • Premiere Pro - as soon as I create, select, or try to edit a sequence, place a video in a squence, or import a video into a project, it crashes.
  • After Effects - hangs on the the Installing MediaCore screen and I have to force close through Task Manager
  • Photoshop - hangs on importing Preference screen and I have to force close through Task Manager
  • NVidia Control Panel - hangs and crashes everytime I open it using the NVidia card
  • NVidia Experience - this is what it looks like running with NVidia graphics card

And yes I have used DDU to perform a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Hey man, do you still have issues with the 307 bios? I was wondering if I should flash it, please let me know.