cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AsUpIo.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

marcmicalizzi
Level 7
I've been trying to narrow down what's causing weekly to semi-weekly completely random BSODs with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (on my ROG Rampage Extreme VI with i9 7940X), and the minidump pointing to different places every time, so I turned on verifier with windows 10 x64, within a couple minutes of rebooting I got a BSOD for this driver. Was running AI Suite 3.00.13, after uninstalling it, no BSOD so far. Going to keep verifier on for a little while to see if anything else crops up, or if my IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL was actually from this driver.

But at any rate, from a quick google search this has been an issue for at least 6 years that comes up (that ApUsIo.sys causes bugchecks with verifier on), is there some reason this can't be fixed, or it's just an unwillingness to fix it on the part of ASUS?
2 REPLIES 2

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
It can be that

Incorrect / wrong driver.
Incorrect / incompatible hardware or software

I suspect old chipset driver oder AI Suite

OLD

NEW

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
It can be that

Incorrect / wrong driver.
Incorrect / incompatible hardware or software

I suspect old chipset driver oder AI Suite

All my drivers are up to date, and was latest AI Suite, so I doubt it. We will see if I get any more bugchecks in the next couple weeks with verifier on, but still shouldn't the latest AsUpIo.sys not be causing violations in the verifier?