cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X399-E Strix - Memory Issues.

MikeMK
Level 7
Hi All, I have a problem with my Strix, and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light.

I've had it since last christmas, and when I first set up the build I had an issue with it not booting, and hanging on post or getting into a reset loop. After much messing around I fixed it by clearing the RTC jumper and adding the memory back in one stick at a time. Since then its worked ok with no problems.

Today I installed a new graphics card, and upon rebooting the PC hung on post with message 0E. Similar problem to last time. However, I've cleared the RTC jumper again, and for the life of me I can only get it to boot with 1 stick of memory in 1 slot. I've tried all 4 sticks and each of them boot fine in this slot, but the second I put a stick in any of the others I get error 0E again.

It seems to me that the board may have an issue with the memory slots and maybe it was luck that got it working the first time! Anyway, before I RMA it I thought it worth seeing if anyone had similar issues with the board.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

MikeMK
Level 7
The wierdness continues. I'm running SLI and if I take the second GPU out, it boots fine with all 4 memory sticks in. When I add the second GPU it will only boot with 1 memory stick! Not seen anything like that before. Both GPUs are tested individually and fully working. Looks like the motherboards a bit dodgy IMO.