cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT-AC87U, WiFi and Android Devices

DjSt3rios
Level 7
I own an RT-AC87U Router, which works great most of the times. However, we have 4 android devices in our family that has problems connecting to the wi-fi. Most of the times the phones will not connect to the router, saying the wi-fi password is incorrect. If I close the wi-fi on the android and re-open it a couple of times, it will eventually connect. However our phones connect on many other routers/modems with no issues. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the router. What can I do about that? I tried updating the router to the latest version with no improvement. It's really annoying that cheap router that cost 30$ work properly but a $200 router won't do it's job properly. I've seen the same issues with other ASUS routers aswell!
2 REPLIES 2

nameuser
Level 8
Yeah, very annoying that cheap router works better than expensive router. For me I have Network mapping issues that never happen on my cheap router. I'm sitting here waiting for answer but still no answer 😞

Btw, never heard of this issue. Maybe try to configure your Wifi settings like changing channels, etc. or try separate Wifi 2G and 5G in router page.

nameuser wrote:
Yeah, very annoying that cheap router works better than expensive router. For me I have Network mapping issues that never happen on my cheap router. I'm sitting here waiting for answer but still no answer 😞

Btw, never heard of this issue. Maybe try to configure your Wifi settings like changing channels, etc. or try separate Wifi 2G and 5G in router page.

Thank you! I feel like stupid now. I went to try separate 2G and 5G channels like you suggested when I realized I made a mistake in the 5G password! So I had 2 different passwords for the same network! Problem now looks solved!