Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Status update:

My machine is apparently underway back from ASUS to the Retailer. I'm going to assume they swapped the battery.
    Seeing other users reporting this issue now, I am starting to get moderately concerned. If this new battery starts to crap out like the other one did, then I would very much like a refund because the last thing I need is a fire hazard in my house.

We'll see how it goes, I'm going to be keeping my eyes on this.

#bulgegate

Here we go, fellow adventurers!

Just got my machine back with a new keyboard and a new battery.
    Battery stats happily report 50mWh and thus the trials begin.

Can this thread be moved back from whence it came?
    Since technical support is no longer required (at this point) I want to keep it open for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    x

Hi! It's me.. Again! Back from the dead!

Last time I was here, 6 whole months ago, I just had gotten a new battery built in and reported the problem was solved.

Well, color me surprised; few months later, and my keyboard is bulging again and battery capacity is again blowing hot chunks.

Here we go again with the bulgy wulgy adventures OwO!

So uh.. what now? Do I have to travel cross country again to bring the laptop back to the store, and then not have it for another month, and then get another battery again, and then inevitably several months later, have it bloat again into an endless cycle?

Asus, can something be done about this please?

Replace my laptop with a working one? Let me upgrade to a later model for extra pay?

Offer me an acceptable solution please!

Attachment 75962
    Attachment 75963

#bendgate :^)
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos GjKYujb.png  

pY76Npp.jpg  

Last edited by VixusFoxy; 09-25-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Any followup?

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VixusFoxy View Post
    Any followup?
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact the service center in your region to have the laptop examined, they will have a better idea on how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact the service center in your region to have the laptop examined, they will have a better idea on how to proceed.

I have done so.
    And then I have started to do some research and have come to the conclusion that ASUS has pushed out a poorly tested products. There are troves of people posting about having this exact same issue with the exact same symptoms in the exact same time frames.

I've curated a small sample of my findings right here

The seller has acknowledged the problem and has sent it back to ASUS for a round 2 of battery replacements.
    I can tell you what's going to happen next:

The machine is going to come back, perform OK for a few months, and then this is going to happen again.

A product like this, at this price point, with the keyboard placement where it is, and the battery doing these kind of things, should not be sold period. It's a hazard on so many levels that it baffles me that these machines have not been recalled.

Let's hope I'm wrong, because I'm pushing for a class action lawsuit at this point.
    Last edited by VixusFoxy; 10-11-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VixusFoxy View Post
    I have done so.
    And then I have started to do some research and have come to the conclusion that ASUS has pushed out a poorly tested products. There are troves of people posting about having this exact same issue with the exact same symptoms in the exact same time frames.

I've curated a small sample of my findings right here

The seller has acknowledged the problem and has sent it back to ASUS for a round 2 of battery replacements.
    I can tell you what's going to happen next:

The machine is going to come back, perform OK for a few months, and then this is going to happen again.

A product like this, at this price point, with the keyboard placement where it is, and the battery doing these kind of things, should not be sold period. It's a hazard on so many levels that it baffles me that these machines have not been recalled.

Let's hope I'm wrong, because I'm pushing for a class action lawsuit at this point.
    In our previous conversation you mentioned that you went through Alternate for an RMA to replace the first battery, did you get an RMA number?
    Please check your inbox, we are still waiting for your response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2