cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd watercool build lian li pc-011 dynamic

feedmeink
Level 12
My first watercool build was in the corsair 570x. I learned a lot. The i9 7980xe runs extremely hot. Decided to upgrade to high end fans and a new case. This is 3 360mm radiators. 2 are 47mm thick and one is 30mm thick in the back of the case. I'm currently waiting for a smaller res, due to the loss of space from the size of these radiators. I love this case and am going for low temps, high overclock. In 3 days I will have the rest built and will update. I'm done with rgb fans. Just not my thing anymore. I will post pictures of my delid as well. It is my first time. The ihs square is larger than the die, but I'm assuming will be fine since it is only making contact with the die. If you have any advice on the delid I'm all ears. Used liquid electric tape on the compontents.
11 REPLIES 11

feedmeink
Level 12
List of components :
*i9 7980xe delid
*rampage vi extreme mobo full monoblock
*overclocked vega56 waterblock
*32gig 4,000mhz corsair vengeance lpx
*2 360mm radiators (47mm thick)
*1 360mm radiator (30mm thick)
*9 noctua pmw 3,000rpm fans
*1tb samsung 970 m.2 drive
*8tb 3.5 storage drive

It wont let me upload the photo from my phone 😞

This one is the delid https://postimg.cc/gnJBQFN5

Menthol
Level 14
Looking forward to some photo's, I like the looks of that case
It seems to me that you may have a little to much LM, but it is difficult to tell from photo's. wait for more feedback from others

Menthol wrote:
Looking forward to some photo's, I like the looks of that case
It seems to me that you may have a little to much LM, but it is difficult to tell from photo's. wait for more feedback from others

Honestly I used the smallest drop I could. I used the flash for this photo (if that makes a difference). Do you think the ihs having a larger square cause a problem? (Assuming that I used the proper amount of LM. Which I feel confident about)

Menthol
Level 14
Yes probably the flash, no that shouldn't hurt, the CPU's I have delided, I put tape around the die and on the IHS leaving the die area exposed, when spreading the LM the excess ends up on the tape which is removed before mounting IHS. I don't think it makes any difference just the instructions I followed the first time and didn't see any reason to change.

Since you covered components any excess shouldn't hurt.

Good idea with the tape. Next time around I will do that for sure!

Here's what I have so far