cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503 Laptop making high pitched noise

itzsandeepsunny
Level 7
I recently bought a ROG STRIX GL503 laptop and it is making a whining noise whenever the laptop is plugged in..when i turn off the charger it stops making the noise.Is there a possible way to get rid of the noise,it's really annoying and very noisy..The noise is coming from inside the laptop..
3 REPLIES 3

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
That's coil whine. You can try disabling C-states using Throttlestop to reduce it, but your cpu might run hotter at idle.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
That's coil whine. You can try disabling C-states using Throttlestop to reduce it, but your cpu might run hotter at idle.

I opened throttle stop and i didn't find any c-states..please help me find it..but i tried disabling turbo and it reduced the sound significantly..Thank You for your fast reply

itzsandeepsunny wrote:
I opened throttle stop and i didn't find any c-states..please help me find it..but i tried disabling turbo and it reduced the sound significantly..Thank You for your fast reply

That would be the C1E checkbox. You have to open the program every time you want to disable it. There might be a way to do it automatically at logon but you will have to google on that one, I don't really know how to do it.