New ROGer Array

Angry Asus RT-AC87U, WiFi and Android Devices

I own an RT-AC87U Router, which works great most of the times. However, we have 4 android devices in our family that has problems connecting to the wi-fi. Most of the times the phones will not connect to the router, saying the wi-fi password is incorrect. If I close the wi-fi on the android and re-open it a couple of times, it will eventually connect. However our phones connect on many other routers/modems with no issues. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the router. What can I do about that? I tried updating the router to the latest version with no improvement. It's really annoying that cheap router that cost 30$ work properly but a $200 router won't do it's job properly. I've seen the same issues with other ASUS routers aswell!

New ROGer Array

Yeah, very annoying that cheap router works better than expensive router. For me I have Network mapping issues that never happen on my cheap router. I'm sitting here waiting for answer but still no answer

Btw, never heard of this issue. Maybe try to configure your Wifi settings like changing channels, etc. or try separate Wifi 2G and 5G in router page.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Yeah, very annoying that cheap router works better than expensive router. For me I have Network mapping issues that never happen on my cheap router. I'm sitting here waiting for answer but still no answer

Btw, never heard of this issue. Maybe try to configure your Wifi settings like changing channels, etc. or try separate Wifi 2G and 5G in router page.
    Thank you! I feel like stupid now. I went to try separate 2G and 5G channels like you suggested when I realized I made a mistake in the 5G password! So I had 2 different passwords for the same network! Problem now looks solved!