Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
  1. #21
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Rob W. PC Specs
    Rob W. PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Asus Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7980x Oc 4.6ghz 24/7
    Memory (part number)64 gb GSkill 3600mhz (8x8) 15,15,15,35
    Graphics Card #1nvidia Titan V + ekwb custom loop
    Graphics Card #2nvidia RTX 2080Ti on air.
    Sound Cardonboard?
    MonitorIAsus PA329Q 4k 32"
    Storage #1samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB. M2 nvme
    Storage #2Samsung ssd 970 evo 500gb m2 nvme
    CPU CoolerEKwb custom loop
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i 1200w
    Keyboard Logitech G910 orion spark
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus core
    OS Win 10
    Network Routerbt infinity super fast.
    Accessory #1 Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD
    Accessory #2 Aqeuaro 6xt fan controller
    Accessory #3 Intel Optane 280gb

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    104
    Posts
    480

    chiller sat under desk waiting patiently for me to test to the max on water only, now I know! so lets see what it does on the chiller?

  2. #22
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array jpmboy PC Specs
    jpmboy PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.SKill 3600c15 (2x)2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Titan V
    Graphics Card #2Titan V
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 900P
    Storage #24TB Raid 10
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    Power SupplyAX1500i
    Keyboard Ducky
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Ultimate Ears Custom IEMs
    OS Win 10/Win7 Pro
    jpmboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    118

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    The standard test is more indicative of GPU score than CPU score overal. Look at my 7900X compared with most of the XE in the top 10. Extreme CPU test is far more multi thread intensive. GT 1 and 2 are certainly not CPU limited, either
    ... nah.

    lol - But sure, overall score weighs physics quite a bit. More threads with the same gpu drives the overall ( via physics score), but with the same cpu and gpu, lower rez is basically a cpu benchmark, in all these benches, FM, Unigine, SquareE... etc. Thread use during the GT portions is not 36 with the XE (this I know) and I'd be surprised if it maxes out the 7900X's 20 threads during the graphics tests in the lower rez settings. 2 or 4 threads depending on the core priority last I looked. If ya just look at the graphics scores - even this, within the same GPU class ranks with cpu frequency (barring LN2 on the GPUs). Lot's of data in the OCN Time Spy threads - actually more than in the HOF since only has the top 100.

    Anyway, I find FS Ultra and the 8K tests in Superposition really level the field to the GPU performance... until we have a good ray trace benchmark.

    I'm still surprised that the 2080Ti is not just crushing the Titan V. I really hope a Turing Titan is launched (with SLI capabilities - please).

  3. #23
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    124
    Posts
    1,805

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmboy View Post
    ... nah.

    lol - But sure, overall score weighs physics quite a bit. More threads with the same gpu drives the overall ( via physics score), but with the same cpu and gpu, lower rez is basically a cpu benchmark, in all these benches, FM, Unigine, SquareE... etc. Thread use during the GT portions is not 36 with the XE (this I know) and I'd be surprised if it maxes out the 7900X's 20 threads during the graphics tests in the lower rez settings. 2 or 4 threads depending on the core priority last I looked. If ya just look at the graphics scores - even this, within the same GPU class ranks with cpu frequency (barring LN2 on the GPUs). Lot's of data in the OCN Time Spy threads - actually more than in the HOF since only has the top 100.

    Anyway, I find FS Ultra and the 8K tests in Superposition really level the field to the GPU performance... until we have a good ray trace benchmark.

    I'm still surprised that the 2080Ti is not just crushing the Titan V. I really hope a Turing Titan is launched (with SLI capabilities - please).

    Strange how the HOF isn't dominated by 8700K, in that case. FS Ultra is good if you're strictly testing DX11 performance.

    Don't forget GV100 is a massively powerful GPU. I guess from NVIDIA's point of view, it makes Turing look appealing at the price point lol. https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/4574376/spy/3355469

  4. #24
    Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U
    Nate152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    308
    Posts
    16,359

    Here's my score, I used Nvidia driver 399.24

    i7-7700k - 5.2GHz

    Titan Xp: Core - 2038MHz Memory - 12,994MHz

    16GB Kingston HyperX Predator 3000MHz 15-15-15-35-1T

    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29050883

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimeSpy 399.24.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	76105

  5. #25
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    124
    Posts
    1,805

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Here's my score, I used Nvidia driver 399.24

    i7-7700k - 5.2GHz

    Titan Xp: Core - 2038MHz Memory - 12,994MHz

    16GB Kingston HyperX Predator 3000MHz 15-15-15-35-1T

    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29050883

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimeSpy 399.24.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	76105
    Thanks, Nate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob W. View Post
    chiller sat under desk waiting patiently for me to test to the max on water only, now I know! so lets see what it does on the chiller?
    JP has run the Titan V on a water chiller, so his higher runs will give you a good indication.

  6. #26
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array jpmboy PC Specs
    jpmboy PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.SKill 3600c15 (2x)2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Titan V
    Graphics Card #2Titan V
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 900P
    Storage #24TB Raid 10
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    Power SupplyAX1500i
    Keyboard Ducky
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Ultimate Ears Custom IEMs
    OS Win 10/Win7 Pro
    jpmboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    118

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    <strong>Strange how the HOF isn't dominated by 8700K</strong>, in that case. FS Ultra is good if you're strictly testing DX11 performance.

    Don't forget GV100 is a massively powerful GPU. I guess from NVIDIA's point of view, it makes Turing look appealing at the price point lol. <a href="https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/4574376/spy/3355469" target="_blank">https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/4574376/spy/3355469</a>
    yep,
    that's my point - the physics score weighs too heavily. I usually check the graphics score HOF for GPU contribution (see the pic attached). But either way bro, it seems the 2080Ti is performing as NV expected - killin the GPU scoreboard! Good you snagged two. I cancelled my preorder, wrongly influenced by prelims on the RTX6000.
    That said, I may grab a couple if stock ever returns... IDK, in my business launch a product and can't make stock = trashed company stock even if it is one of a 1000 products you sell.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.JPG  

    Last edited by jpmboy; 10-03-2018 at 11:20 PM.

  7. #27
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array jpmboy PC Specs
    jpmboy PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.SKill 3600c15 (2x)2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Titan V
    Graphics Card #2Titan V
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 900P
    Storage #24TB Raid 10
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    Power SupplyAX1500i
    Keyboard Ducky
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Ultimate Ears Custom IEMs
    OS Win 10/Win7 Pro
    jpmboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    118

    jpmboy --- 8086K@5.2 --- GTX 1070Ti@2100/2249 --- 8465
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4578290
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture001.jpg  


  8. #28
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    124
    Posts
    1,805

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmboy View Post
    yep,
    that's my point - the physics score weighs too heavily. I usually check the graphics score HOF for GPU contribution (see the pic attached). But either way bro, it seems the 2080Ti is performing as NV expected - killin the GPU scoreboard! Good you snagged two. I cancelled my preorder, wrongly influenced by prelims on the RTX6000.
    That said, I may grab a couple if stock ever returns... IDK, in my business launch a product and can't make stock = trashed company stock even if it is one of a 1000 products you sell.

    Prelim leaks on the 2080Ti were vastly based on cards that were heavily power limited, the difference can be staggering depending on the game/benchmark. Hoping the second card does a bit more in the frequency department!

  9. #29
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing
    ThrashZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    305

    Hi,
    Little bump still not my best
    Best is 10498
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/28066409

    ThrashZone----10480----5930k @ 4.6GHz----1080ti FTW3 @ 2050MHz/ 1621MHz----3200Mhz----14-14-14-34-1T
    Time Spy Standard
    Driver 397.64
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29113773
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10480-time spy-x99.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	900.5 KB 
ID:	76140
    Last edited by ThrashZone; 10-10-2018 at 04:45 AM.

  10. #30
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Rob W. PC Specs
    Rob W. PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Asus Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7980x Oc 4.6ghz 24/7
    Memory (part number)64 gb GSkill 3600mhz (8x8) 15,15,15,35
    Graphics Card #1nvidia Titan V + ekwb custom loop
    Graphics Card #2nvidia RTX 2080Ti on air.
    Sound Cardonboard?
    MonitorIAsus PA329Q 4k 32"
    Storage #1samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB. M2 nvme
    Storage #2Samsung ssd 970 evo 500gb m2 nvme
    CPU CoolerEKwb custom loop
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i 1200w
    Keyboard Logitech G910 orion spark
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus core
    OS Win 10
    Network Routerbt infinity super fast.
    Accessory #1 Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD
    Accessory #2 Aqeuaro 6xt fan controller
    Accessory #3 Intel Optane 280gb

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    104
    Posts
    480

    My latest score.
    Time spy standard.
    I9-7980@4.8ghz, *Titan V, gskill 3600mhzs *15 15 15 34 2t
    Driver 411.70
    ** Click image for larger version. 

Name:	282142AB-966A-4A72-86AF-909BB136A4FC.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	394.3 KB 
ID:	76141

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •