cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus GX501VSK - battery issue

Hohenheim
Level 7
I notice this past few weeks that the battery only last for only a couple of minutes. lets say 10 mins? and the battery charge is depleting very fast. took 3 hours to charge the battery though. I'm very disappoint that it's a very expensive laptop and the battery already failed in less than a year. Not sure if its noticeable from the photos below but it's seems to be that the battery is bloated? I want to request for an RMA but i bought the laptop in Philippines last December 2017 and I'm here currently in spain. They said that the laptop have a 2 years global warranty but not sure on how to reach out with the tech support here in spain and I don't speak spanish.
2 REPLIES 2

DJRiful
Level 7
Yeah, all the GX501 batteries are BAD. I am afraid the next replacement is the same batch of bad batteries.

We should class action sue.

DJRiful wrote:
Yeah, all the GX501 batteries are BAD. I am afraid the next replacement is the same batch of bad batteries.

We should class action sue.

I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment, especially because ASUS is keeping their lips sealed tight when it comes to acknowledging the problem or recalling the bad units in full.

The thread on this over here unfortunately already counts 3 pages now and yet more people are reporting in lately with this very same issue.

I'm contemplating writing an article about it.
The best part about ASUS ROG's $4000± Zephyrus GX501 laptops is undeniably, that
[they] [come] [with] [built-in airbags]
which take about 7 to 10 months to deploy. And can not be removed by the user, because that voids the warranty.
But that's an easter egg that ASUS won't admit exists, so don't tell anyone. 🙂