cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand the LED1_CON1 in ROG Strix H370-F

majorSam
Level 7
Hello there.

I have a super simple question which I can't find its answer anywhere.

I own a H370-F mobo and its I/O shroud's LEDs never gave a sign of life since day 0. Since I needed the PC for work and reasoning it never impacted on its performance, I couldn't really care to spend a lot of time on such pretties. Now I have some time and I'm even investing a little bit on the look of my build, so it's starting to mock me.
I've noticed, on H370-F manual, that there is a LED1_CON1 connector under the bridge of my mobo.

Manual image: https://i.imgur.com/RaiXjss.png

... I builded the PC myself and couldn't really understand what it was for at first sight. I understood it was a hidden (?) connector for a LED strip or something. Basically, purely optional, but Aura software never ever started on my PC since I've been trying and I think it has to do with it.

Which brings me to the TL;DR questions:

1- Is the LED1_CON1 for the LEDs on the I/O shroud? (refer to the manual image link above to understand)

2- If positive, how can I connect a LED strip later since the H370-F only has one RGB header?

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

majorSam
Level 7
I took the weekend to open my case and verify this.

Turns out my IO shield's light wasn't turning on because the LED1_CON1 cable wasn't properly connected.
The manual mentions it but it comes already connected, so no additional cable came with the motherboard. This is solved now, thanks.