Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I left ASUS, please contact cl-scott Array

Hi Richard. I sent you a PM. If you'd like to send your notebook in to me in Fremont, CA, I'll have one of my techs imprint SLIC 2.1 onto the BIOS and will make sure to get it back to you as soon as possible. If you do want to send it in, we may or may not have to reinstall the OS which means wiping the OS partition. Hopefully we can do it without needing to reinstall the OS but it's best that you back up any data you need on the C: drive.

ROG Member Array

I assume that imprinting SLIC 2.1 in the bios is done by software. I am living in Holland, so CA is a problem. Asus in Holland only told me to activate manually. I told them that SLIC 2.1 had to be imprinted, but no answer so far from them. Do you have contact with Asus in Holland? Or a workaround to imprint SLIC 2.1 in the bios myself (via PM)?

I left ASUS, please contact cl-scott Array

Unfortunately, the software tool that we use to install SLIC cannot be sent out, so your notebook would have to be sent in to one of our service centers to have that done. Do you have an e-mail address for anyone at ASUS Holland that I can contact on your behalf? Also, if you can provide your RMA number, that may help too. I tried going to www.asus.nl but I wasn't able to access the page from here. I'm not sure if it's being blocked by the firewall here or if the site is just down right now. If www.asus.nl is not the website you go to for information on Holland's service center, please provide me the link that you use. You can send me a PM with the above info if you'd like.

ROG Member Array

Problem solved by using the productkey Windows 7 on the bottom. After that I upgraded to Windows 8.1. Wndows 8.1 works fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2