Level 9
Are we getting a new Poseidon 2080 ti ?*
12 REPLIES 12

stygiangloom
Level 7
I also would really like to know.

Vlada011
Level 10
And I would like to know because I plan to buy GTX1080Ti Poseidon.
If some RTX2080Ti Poseidon monster show up.... No I think I would not chance decision.
It's not ASUS fault, it's difference between graphic processor in Pascal and Turing.
It's not worth of waiting to price drop.
This series is somehow like Alien, she not belong here and I have impression that NVIDIA will launch something new depend of new Radeon.

If AMD beat old Pascal he need little more strength 15-20% to become competitive to RTX2080Ti.
And GTX1080Ti is long on market. He only need to beat Pascal and he is competitive with 1300 euro worth NVIDIA.
Vega64 is very close to Pascal and many time pass and I would not be surprised if AMD beat both at once, because new NVIDIA series is not performance difference as we used, it's half or even less than we had in previous years. AMD need to fail badly second time and to release new series so close previous and only than NVIDIA could sell for same price.

Vega64 is tragic, performance, power consumption, price... but NVIDIA done same with Turing and hise self behind RT.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Don't do it!! This is a gimmick at best. There is no water cooing block, Instead a heatpipe runs through the air cooling fins for the WC part and it doesn't work worth a hill of beans, worse than the air. Now if they offered an actual version with a water block it may be worth it to save trouble. Id buy the card of choice and get a water block for it. From what I understand the little stickers on the screws are no longer being put on the cards and they don't void your warranty for using a different cooler.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
What to buy for 580 euro better.
If I understand Poseidon have full cover block for VRM and GPU chip?

Pardon now I see it's not full cover, yes they could done better that block, but not with fans.
I will think more. I must check reviews better.

I can't find Strix or EVGA FTW3 for so low price plus need waterblock.

Vlada011
Level 10
One thing worry me, not only that MSI 1080Ti Lightning cost 680 euro used and + waterblock if someone make waterblock for them but lets' look best scenario. Price of EVGA GTX1080Ti is arround 700-720 euro used cards, not new. New are still same price as RTX2080 or 100 euro less.
But let's say best scenario..
I find GTX1080Ti, no matter on model Strix, Founders, some EVGA, etc... for 600 euro + 150 euro waterblock and what will happen than for 200 euro higher price...
I have around 20% chance to reach same clock as Poseidon and card will work on 50C under full load, probably higher because my ambient temps are 26C in room.
No matter on anything I'm faced with voltage limit because NVIDIA and silicon lottery of max clock on default voltage plus price of waterblock who cost 120 euro even for Maxwell generation. For newer even more.

My first plan was to buy some new NVIDIA successor of Pascal for 800 euro and for few weeks to buy new waterblock.
Now for RTX2080Ti, 2 years old performance with 8GB memory... I will not pay them 1000+ euro for that, nor even for RTX2080Ti for same price of RTX2080. This series Turing is made to be sold to people who don't feel bad if they spend 2000$ on GPU.
Not for normal persons. Normal persons could buy two Avirex now Cockpit Jackets Made in USA every worth 600-700$ two wear 10 years and everyone to turn behind him on streets. When I say jacket I think on best possible N2B and N3B Parka Cockpit Made in USA with genuine fur on hud not Alpha Industries made in China.

I would wait new series, but I don't have what to wait. Only hope to AMD outperform Pascal and if they outperform him they are not far away from RTX2080Ti and need them just few percent over 2 years old GPU to beat newest NVIDIA and hope that NVIDIA will launch normal graphic card after that for price of RTX2080, not for retards who pay 4K than GPU to downscale to 1080p and look RT in 3 games.
When RT develope on that way to become widely usable in games with regular performance on 4K RTX Turing cards will worth 50 euro,

if NVIDIA decide to continue in that direction.

And I would like Hydro Copper out of box. But they are out of stock for 1K.
Or K|NGP|N Hydro Copper but they will be sold long time ago before price reach 700-800 euro.

I afraid if I miss this I will lose performance of highly overclocked GTX1080Ti and chance to cool her enough to avoid listening GPU fans on 70% without any additional investment.
Plus I have everything here to connect in loop, only to drain water and cut tubes.
Off course and every month I will get less and less money for my GPU.

Vlada011 wrote:
One thing worry me, not only that MSI 1080Ti Lightning cost 680 euro used and + waterblock if someone make waterblock for them but lets' look best scenario. Price of EVGA GTX1080Ti is arround 700-720 euro used cards, not new. New are still same price as RTX2080 or 100 euro less.
But let's say best scenario..
I find GTX1080Ti, no matter on model Strix, Founders, some EVGA, etc... for 600 euro + 150 euro waterblock and what will happen than for 200 euro higher price...
In the USA EVGA 1080 Ti are generally going for under $800 directly from EVGA. Looks like their stock has run out. Hopefully, that is permanent and maybe we will see the 20-series prices start to fall in line. The 20-series prices are pretty stupid right now. Especially stupid for the 2080 Ti prices. And, I won't buy any non-Ti GPUs.

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+10...

They have some Hyrdo Copper blocks available. For some models they are sold out temporarily.
https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=18&family=Cooling&chipset=GPU+Waterblock

Temporarily sold out for 2080 Ti FTW3...
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

Mr__Fox
Level 12
EVGA has Hydro Copper blocks ready for their 2080 Ti GPUs. I am just waiting for 2080 Ti FTW, XC2 or (better yet) 2080 Ti K|ingP|n edition to become available. Will most likely wait a bit for the 1080 Ti stock to dwindle so the 20-series prices will get a little bit less absurd (hopefully). I also wouldn't mind looking at an ASUS 2080 Ti Strix XOC if a full water block is readily available for it when it is released. I love how well the Strix XOC vBIOS works on my hard-modded 1080 Ti SC2. Works fantastic. But, I'm not interested in overclocking on air cooling. Way too much silly spastic clocking behavior unless you keep the GPUs nice and cold. And, that's pretty hard to do with air cooling unless you keep your room temps abnormally frosty or have a portable AC unit blowing cold air directly onto the GPU.
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

Vlada011
Level 10
I have option for Founders Edition 590 euro but MSI, 2 years warranty.
Cheapest block 99 euro Watercool Heatkiller IV Acetal...

https://www.caseking.de/en/watercool-heatkiller-iv-fuer-titan-x-pascal-1080-ti-fe-schwarz-acetal-wac...

Damn I don't know what to do?
I talk about price up to 600 euro.
For 800 I would order 1080Ti SC from EVGA and order waterblock.
But max price is 600 euro.

MSI have some sticker to prevent people to install waterblock?

Vlada011 wrote:
I have option for Founders Edition 590 euro but MSI, 2 years warranty.
Cheapest block 99 euro Watercool Heatkiller IV Acetal...

https://www.caseking.de/en/watercool-heatkiller-iv-fuer-titan-x-pascal-1080-ti-fe-schwarz-acetal-wac...

Damn I don't know what to do?
I talk about price up to 600 euro.
For 800 I would order 1080Ti SC from EVGA and order waterblock.
But max price is 600 euro.

MSI have some sticker to prevent people to install waterblock?

I had the 980TI Poseidon and found it good, although it ran hot when i OC`ed... I`ve just bought this Couldn`t find a Poseidon 1080ti on the planet, This new card is amazing, It runs at 40 cels and has higher clock specs than the 1080TI Poseidon!